The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Definitely got No Man's Sky vibes. The first thing they did was mine some minerals with a laser, LOL. No Man's Sky is much more vibrant though and has way more planets, obviously the Starfield ones are going to be hand crafted for story purposes so there is going to be less. The main plot seems very similar as well with an alien artifact as the central MacGuffin. Again Starfield will have more side stories and a better character creator/skill tree.
I won't be buying it anyway as it's not coming to PlayStation (hopefully the next ES and FO will, not like Microsoft to leave money on the table, but I get it for a new IP). I'll just watch the ManyATrueNerd play through on YouTube. He's a very good Fallout YouTuber if you like watching play throughs. He's also done a Skyrim one.

So turns out Atlus may have done an silly and accidently sent out a press release confirming Persona 3 Portable & Persona 4 Golden along with an enhanced version for PS5 of Persona 5 Royal are coming to PlayStation as well as Steam.

I'm sure Xbox aren't happy as I'm assuming Atlus' quietness after the announcement when there was thousands asking about PS5/Steam means they probably gave them a big stack of cash along with a slip of paper saying 'please god we need games' to make it look like they were only coming to xbox 😂

Last edited:
Capcom surprise-launched the current gen console versions of Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 yesterday. They're free upgrades if you have the previous gen versions. Don't get too excited; from what I've seen, they're basically the old versions running at 4k. There is a ray-tracing option, but it wrecks performance (unsurprisingly).

Capcom surprise-launched the current gen console versions of Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 yesterday. They're free upgrades if you have the previous gen versions. Don't get too excited; from what I've seen, they're basically the old versions running at 4k. There is a ray-tracing option, but it wrecks performance (unsurprisingly).
I saw it pop up on PSN last night and downloaded it before I'd seen the announcement.
Playing RE3 on PS5 and I genuinely couldn't tell the difference apart from load time which was already pretty fast.
But I'm not very good at noticing that stuff unless it's super obvious.

Ps. If you transfer your save trophies auto pop which is always nice.

Scrolling through the trailers on IGN seems no mention of ES:VI or the next Fallout. Just Starfield, ESO and more crap for Fallout '76 🤮
Elder Scrolls 6 is confirmed to still be in early pre-production, so a realistic release date would be 2027.

Source:

Starfield really doesn't look any different to the numerous other mining/space exploration games that have come out lately.

If they were able to combine gameplay closer to that of Deep rock galactic with exploration of No man's sky that would be something more special.

So turns out Atlus may have done an silly and accidently sent out a press release confirming Persona 3 Portable & Persona 4 Golden along with an enhanced version for PS5 of Persona 5 Royal are coming to PlayStation as well as Steam.

I'm sure Xbox aren't happy as I'm assuming Atlus' quietness after the announcement when there was thousands asking about PS5/Steam means they probably gave them a big stack of cash along with a slip of paper saying 'please god we need games' to make it look like they were only coming to xbox 😂

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable are coming to PS4 digital-only. There's no native PS5 port for either of them. PS5 is only getting the enhanced Persona 5 Royal. It hasn't been confirmed yet but there's a chance it may get a physical release.

Persona-New-Platforms_06-14-22-768x432.jpg

Last edited:
Upcoming horror rpg OMORI out June 17th. Digital releases coming to Switch, Playstation, & Xbox.

Explore a strange world full of colorful friends and foes. Navigate through the vibrant and the mundane in order to uncover a forgotten past. When the time comes, the path you’ve chosen will determine your fate... and perhaps the fate of others as well.

The console versions also come with new added content.

It's been compared to Earthbound, and has been very well received on Steam (over 35k reviews with 98% overwhelmingly positive).

It does come with mature content warnings though:

The developers describe the content like this:

This game contains depictions of depression, anxiety, and suicide, and may not be suitable for all audiences. It also contains bright flashing imagery that may cause discomfort and/or seizures for those with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.

Last edited:
Few other horror ones to add for future discounts if you haven't got them yet are The Letter, Evil Tonight, Raging Loop, & Viviette.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out though as always getting later into the month means I've splashed what cash I could and start feeling very stingy until the next paycheck heh.
Luigi's Mansion 3. I played it on my own and loved it (would rate it as one of the best Switch games I've played), but with your kid it'll be even better. It's full of the Nintendo charm & quality, and there's also a cute dog too. :)
She loved it to begin with until it got dark going into the actual game and then she got scared and ran away to mummy crying... Sigh... She clearly does not share my love for horror even in the most cutesy form with polterpup heheh!

Good tip on the indie releases, I similarly just add games to my wishlist as I read around about indie gems and others and go straight to my wishlist every time there is a sale heh. This sale has had more good titles than usual I felt so ended up splashing out more than I should have.
I want Root Film too (Root Letter was one of my favs) - it's in the PSN sale for £17 now but I want it cheaper! 😅
Didn't realise it was a franchise, another one to check out then.
Upcoming horror rpg OMORI out June 17th. Digital releases coming to Switch, Playstation, & Xbox.

The console versions also come with new added content.

It's been compared to Earthbound, and has been very well received on Steam (over 35k reviews with 98% overwhelmingly positive).

It does come with mature content warnings though:

The developers describe the content like this:

This game contains depictions of depression, anxiety, and suicide, and may not be suitable for all audiences. It also contains bright flashing imagery that may cause discomfort and/or seizures for those with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.

Looks like a more horror undertale - very interesting. My wishlist continues to grow!

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable are coming to PS4 digital-only. There's no native PS5 port for either of them. PS5 is only getting the enhanced Persona 5 Royal. It hasn't been confirmed yet but there's a chance it may get a physical release.

Persona-New-Platforms_06-14-22-768x432.jpg

To be honest I don't think a PS5 version of 3 & 4 would make any difference anyway, if Falcom can get their games running at 60fps through backcompat I'm sure Atlus can.

To be honest I don't think a PS5 version of 3 & 4 would make any difference anyway, if Falcom can get their games running at 60fps through backcompat I'm sure Atlus can.
Yeah I think P3P (which honestly I would have preferred FES but I get why they chose this one) and P4G would probably look like a messy upscale if they went for PS5 unless the assets somehow look better on higher resolution. P5R on PS5 makes sense though.

I wish Atlus fooled everyone and chose Persona 1 & 2 instead just to mess with the fanbase.

Yeah I think P3P (which honestly I would have preferred FES but I get why they chose this one) and P4G would probably look like a messy upscale if they went for PS5 unless the assets somehow look better on higher resolution. P5R on PS5 makes sense though.

I wish Atlus fooled everyone and chose Persona 1 & 2 instead just to mess with the fanbase.
Well Persona 3 FES was released on the PS3 PSN so going by Sony's zero effort 'just put stuff we already had on PSN' approach to their new PS+ who knows, we may actually get that as well at some point.

10 more games & 1 port have been announced for SEGA's Mega Drive Mini 2 set.
  • After Burner II
  • Columns III
  • Megapanel
  • Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
  • Night Striker (Sega CD)
  • Ninja Warriors (Sega CD)
  • Out Run
  • Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R
  • Splatterhouse Part 2
  • Star Blade (Sega CD)
  • Star Mobile (port)

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima 2 ?

Considering the first game is set during the first Mongolian invasion (1274). A sequel taking place during the second Mongolian invasion (1281) isn't out of question 🤔

Ghost of Tsushima 3 ?!

Even potential for a third game as after the second Mongolian failed attempt, the Chinese (Ming Dynasty) were discussing to invade Japan but was never put to action.

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima 2 ?

Considering the first game is set during the first Mongolian invasion (1274). A sequel taking place during the second Mongolian invasion (1281) isn't out of question 🤔

Ghost of Tsushima 3 ?!

Even potential for a third game as after the second Mongolian failed attempt, the Chinese (Ming Dynasty) were discussing to invade Japan but was never put to action.

My theory for a sequel is it would just carry on from the first as SPOILERS you don't actually defeat the Mongols as the move to the mainland at the end and Jin plans on following.

They hinted at getting closer with Iki Island as its between Tsushima and the Mainland so I was thinking the sequel would be Ghost of Nagasaki/Saga/Fukuoka or they may just go balls to the wall and have the whole island of Kyūshū 🤷‍♂️

Take with a MASSIVE pinch of salt but someone seems to have leaked Bandai Namco's entire 2023 line up online, which includes unannounced sequels to DBZ Fighters, Digimon Cybersleuth, the next Tales game and Elden Ring DLC.
Big IF true but don't forget that salt.

bandai-namco-fy2023.jpg

Back