Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Ito's version of No Longer Human... on a shelf, in an image shared on this site? Can only take that as indirect challenge. Just realised my copy under my bed, BUT: look to the top right of my book shelves and know your defeat. Not bad: Gundam Origins/Oranges and, as noted, Noname. Black Lagoon spine disorder is nothing compared to Tokyopop/GTO. Thank Allah they semi-dead. By the way, where are your bird watching binoculars? Not pictured.

Anyway, decided take some pics now got decent camera and heat made me 'tidy' room. I've sold around 1000 books over the last 5-10 years, with 54 waiting to be sent, as you can clearly tell in my images. I shan't show the blue boxes stacked to near ceiling, holding books, and more under my bed. Not proud of my hoarding but I am, gradually, whittling it down. Eventually I'll only own manga that can fit on my 7 slim Argos units. Well, excluding DELUXES for reasons obvious.

+1 to anyone that can spot where my Xenoblade CE giganto square is, in these images. Think Where's Wally, or whatever the equiv for younglings is nowadays. That'll be where my Eva UE is going. Giant sqaure replacing in endless loop: Gits>Xeno>Eva.

Oh, and do note Satou's expression on the side of my NHK art box. I get up to that, every day, and feel it more and more. Bar Ganku<3/NHK and few other DVD sets, want rid of every DVD. Will prob eventually chuck 'em half-arsed in a huge box on eBay, one day~

View attachment 20791View attachment 20796View attachment 20792
View attachment 20795View attachment 20799View attachment 20798View attachment 20803View attachment 20801View attachment 20800View attachment 20802
Mad respect 👊 Your setup is soo tidy and a real eye candy to look at 😍 I feel inspired.
It's like Wonka's Japanese media factory! That's my idea of one half of the perfect bomb shelter (the other half being food!)

I'm only gonna post the Blu-rays because frankly I don't have room for the DVDs with their multiple parts and massive boxes. They're all in several stacks in some drawers. The two SAVE sets at the end and the Spice and Wolf box are remnants of a once mighty imported Blu-ray collection. 😂

I believe my Blu-ray collection is now approaching what it was at the height of my collecting in like 2013 before I sold loads. But obviously almost everything has a Blu-ray release now so that wasn't too difficult to accomplish. It's gonna get bigger now though, I have SO MANY things listed that have come out since I last collected that I'll be slowly acquiring.

I do think I'm gonna be slightly more discerning now with my series boxsets and buy mostly things I know I already like, unless the set happens to be dirt cheap and I take a punt on it. Movies are always worth blind buying though because standard editions are cheap.IMG_20211221_154555~2.jpg

^ Looks like you and I have very similar tates in anime, I have all of those titles in my collection except five - Flip Flappers, Gurren Lagan, Little Busters, A Thousand and One Nights, and Highschool of the Dead.

^ Looks like you and I have very similar tates in anime, I have all of those titles in my collection except five - Flip Flappers, Gurren Lagan, Little Busters, A Thousand and One Nights, and Highschool of the Dead.
To be honest, High School of the Dead is only there because unlike most of the things from my old collection, it wasn't worth enough money to make selling it worthwhile.

I need to check out Little Busters, I've heard it is pretty good, it's just that I tend to stay far away from most cutesy girl anime, and I guess the cover art has kept me from considering it at all. But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.

I need to check out Little Busters, I've heard it is pretty good, it's just that I tend to stay far away from most cutesy girl anime, and I guess the cover art has kept me from considering it at all. But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.
I get that Gurren Lagann isn't for everyone lol. I rate it mostly because it's just so ridiculous and ott. It keeps escalating.

Little Busters is a pretty standard Key adaptation. Obviously it isn't Kyoani adapting it by that point, but if you like series 1 of Clannad or stuff like Kanon and Air then you'll feel right at home with it. I was a little disappointed that the new MVM releases of Kanon and Air weren't Blu-rays. I've had the US DVDs of those for yonks and thought I might get to upgrade.

I'm only gonna post the Blu-rays because frankly I don't have room for the DVDs with their multiple parts and massive boxes. They're all in several stacks in some drawers. The two SAVE sets at the end and the Spice and Wolf box are remnants of a once mighty imported Blu-ray collection. 😂

I believe my Blu-ray collection is now approaching what it was at the height of my collecting in like 2013 before I sold loads. But obviously almost everything has a Blu-ray release now so that wasn't too difficult to accomplish. It's gonna get bigger now though, I have SO MANY things listed that have come out since I last collected that I'll be slowly acquiring.

I do think I'm gonna be slightly more discerning now with my series boxsets and buy mostly things I know I already like, unless the set happens to be dirt cheap and I take a punt on it. Movies are always worth blind buying though because standard editions are cheap.View attachment 22330

Nice and succinct, what is your expansion room like for more?

I get that Gurren Lagann isn't for everyone lol. I rate it mostly because it's just so ridiculous and ott. It keeps escalating.

Yeah I was a fan of GL too despite how ridiculous it got, same thing with KLK.

But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.

BURN HIM!!! 🔥

Little Busters is a pretty standard Key adaptation. Obviously it isn't Kyoani adapting it by that point, but if you like series 1 of Clannad or stuff like Kanon and Air

I've been doing a kind of odd reverse Kyoani run through on series, so I did Clannad, and some time I am planning to try Air and Kanon as well just to see the origin stories of Kyoani.

Girls with Guns said:
But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.

BURN HIM!!! 🔥

Haha, I was going to mention KLK along with Gurren Lagann, as that one is right there with GL at the bottom of my anime rubbish heap - only difference is I was somehow able to manage to watch KLK the whole way through...

Haha, I was going to mention KLK along with Gurren Lagann, as that one is right there with GL at the bottom of my anime rubbish heap - only difference is I was somehow able to manage to watch KLK the whole way through...

What else is on your rubbish heap? I tend to mark stuff on MAL that I dropped for whatever reason.

Some stuff is just kind of meh, some is OK but I didn't really feel like continuing it, I've finished a few things I'd wished I'd dropped sooner.

Well, I don't really keep track of my rubbish heap titles but I do remember Welcome to the NHK, Watamote, Baka and Test, and My Girlfriend is a Mermaid were all in there. Demon Slayer and MHA and would be in there too, I didn't last more than a few episodes of those, but I don't do battle shonen series in general. So Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, HxH, and any others like them would be in my heap too.

Back