The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Two new preorders from Rightstuf
Hidamari Sketch Graduation Blu-ray - finally with my copy of the picture perfect collection I have everything.
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle Blu-ray

I just got the most ridiculous bargain! I bought the standard edition of "Night is Short, Walk on Girl" on CeX for £8 incl postage. I did not get what I bought.

They sent the out of print collectors edition! And I can't find any listing for it that's not silly money. The listings are between £70 and £120!

I just checked and the only page for the film on Blu-ray that CeX has doesn't specify edition. So they're clearly lumping the standard and the CE into one cheap listing, when unbeknownst to them, the CE is now really expensive. I basically struck gold. But now I also feel bad for whoever traded it in because they must have gotten peanuts.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_131912.jpg
    IMG_20211120_131912.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211120_131924~2.jpg
    IMG_20211120_131924~2.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211120_131930.jpg
    IMG_20211120_131930.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211120_131940.jpg
    IMG_20211120_131940.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 5
I just got the most ridiculous bargain! I bought the standard edition of "Night is Short, Walk on Girl" on CeX for £8 incl postage. I did not get what I bought.

They sent the out of print collectors edition! And I can't find any listing for it that's not silly money. The listings are between £70 and £120!

I just checked and the only page for the film on Blu-ray that CeX has doesn't specify edition. So they're clearly lumping the standard and the CE into one cheap listing, when unbeknownst to them, the CE is now really expensive. I basically struck gold. But now I also feel bad for whoever traded it in because they must have gotten peanuts.
Nice find. I had no idea Night is Short is worth that much now. I should really get around to watching my copy to see if it's something I want to keep 🤑

CeX have the same issue with other anime titles. They have one listing for Princess Principal, ostensibly for the SE, but scanning the barcode of the CE takes me to that listing. Turn A Gundam another one.

Nice find. I had no idea Night is Short is worth that much now. I should really get around to watching my copy to see if it's something I want to keep 🤑

CeX have the same issue with other anime titles. They have one listing for Princess Principal, ostensibly for the SE, but scanning the barcode of the CE takes me to that listing. Turn A Gundam another one.
It's really ridiculous isn't it? Granted it results in stuff like this sometimes where you get an absolute steal, but the people trading in are getting seriously ripped off. I think possibly CeX as a company don't know the ins and outs of these editions and an algorithm is auto-listing this stuff.

I also notice sometimes that when you buy a more niche item on CeX for a conspicuously low price, if you look at the listing a few days after buying it, it'll have shot up to a price that's more reflective of the market. Whatever software they're using must be kinda off kilter which is why their prices are all over the place. Both of the items I bought a few days ago are now listed with a price that's almost twice what I paid.

Last edited:
Over the last week I've got the following from Bookwalker:
How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift vol 8 (new release last Tuesday)
Konosuba (manga) vols 1-3 (from a coin back event)
Farewell, My Dear Cramer vols 8-13 (on sale)
School Zone Girls vols 1-2 (using the code from the Seven Seas survey)

And pre-ordered for tomorrow:
Magical Girl Site vol 16 (final vol)
School Zone Girls vol 3

Over the past week I placed 5 separate orders with Rightstuf:

Nana Steelbook (Pre-order)
Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 1 Limited Edition (Pre-order)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Aniplex)
Black Butler Complete Box Set (Aniplex)
Anohana The Flower We Saw That Day TV Series Box Set (Aniplex)
The Irregular at Magic High School Visitor Arc (Aniplex)
Haibane Renmei
Lupin the 3rd Part V
(back in stock at Rightstuf now that the Diskotek Sale is over!)
Utena Collection 1-3 Blu-ray Bundle

And from Amazon:

RWBY: Volume 6
RWBY: Volume 7
RWBY: Volume 8

Ping-Pong volumes 1 & 2 from Wordery using the code FRIDAY12. There's supposed to be 5 volumes, but looking at the page count and price I'm guessing these are omnibus editions.

I bought:

Gankutsuo Standard Blu-ray - £10 off CeX - never seen this one weirdly and the art looks lush.

Ergo Proxy Blu-ray Collection - £15 off MVM, I couldn't not buy it when I saw they'd slashed it that low. I had it on DVD years ago but ended up selling it along with a lot of other stuff when I was a student. I remember liking it but not really understanding all of it, but I last watched it when I was 19 so I'm excited to go back to it.

Last edited:
From the Black Friday and Family Ties (basically the same, but just themed around families) coin back events on Bookwalker.
*Affiliate links

Batch 1 with real money:
Screenshot_20211126-120623.png

Got me enough coins, along with the ones I already had, for batch 2:
Screenshot_20211126-120640.png

Which got me enough coins for batch 3:
Screenshot_20211126-120655.png

Which as I had run out of first 4 volumes on my wishlist only got me enough coins for the 3 Konosuba volumes in batch 4. I needed just a little extra for the next rank and coins for the next pre-order, so added a volume of Attack on Titan:
Screenshot_20211126-120713.png

So 22 volumes of manga for c. 50 quid!

Last edited:
I read Days of Love a month or so back (I didn't get as good a deal as that, but I went for hard copies). Pretty decent but unfortunately a little short. Not a huge amount of time to develop characters or a plot in 3 volumes.

What the heck, They're releasing yet two more Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition digipak sets on 13 December now - Whisper of the Heart and Kiki's Delivery Service. I just pre-ordered both of those, right on the backs of Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke CE which are releasing today, and Laputa and Totoro which came out on 18 October. Six new Ghibli Collector's Editions in just two months time!

81v9S7kYW9L._AC_SX522_.jpg

81WHaF+NsNL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Got a £10 Amazon voucher so ended up nabbing both of these for £20 total.

Beyond the Boundary Blu-ray set
Makoto Shinkai Double Pack Blu-ray

Had been meaning to get Beyond the Boundary since I don't know where those animatsu releases stand now that Manga/Animatsu is just Funimation. Had too many things go out of print and then kicked myself for not getting them.

Pre-ordered Air from anime-on-line (which is a Christmas present from my friend, they just sent me the money, so technically I haven't bought it), it's a shame that it's DVD only but I'll take what I can get as I'm going for a complete KyoAni collection. Had been tempted to import the Region 1 DVD but it always seemed to be quite pricey so was a nice surprise MVM announced it today, fingers crossed we get Kanon '06 next.

Pre-ordered Air from anime-on-line (which is a Christmas present from my friend, they just sent me the money, so technically I haven't bought it), it's a shame that it's DVD only but I'll take what I can get as I'm going for a complete KyoAni collection. Had been tempted to import the Region 1 DVD but it always seemed to be quite pricey so was a nice surprise MVM announced it today, fingers crossed we get Kanon '06 next.
Didn't realise the price on those R1s had gone up loads. I bought both Kanon and Air back in like 2012 and they were in the Funimation budget range. Nice that they're finally getting a UK release but wow, that took a LONG time.

Deep breath....
Rightstuf holiday sale
Berserk complete BD
Black bitler Book of murder BD
C- Control LE
Code breaker LE
Comet lucifer BD
El hazard wanderers
How are you so clumsy miss Ueno BD
Lost universe
Kase-san and morning glories BD
Lord of vermillion BD
Momokuri BD
Pet shop of horrors BD
The third the girl with the blue eye
Time bokan BD

and finally
AoL
Air TV
phew, and breathe.....

Deep breath....
Rightstuf holiday sale
Berserk complete BD
Black bitler Book of murder BD
C- Control LE
Code breaker LE
Comet lucifer BD
El hazard wanderers
How are you so clumsy miss Ueno BD
Lost universe
Kase-san and morning glories BD
Lord of vermillion BD
Momokuri BD
Pet shop of horrors BD
The third the girl with the blue eye
Time bokan BD

and finally
AoL
Air TV
phew, and breathe.....
I had a lool at rightstuff last night...was gonna order fuuka for like £13 ". Until i got to checkout and wanted £20 delivery.... But if i order more than 1 will it still be same delivery?

I had a lool at rightstuff last night...was gonna order fuuka for like £13 ". Until i got to checkout and wanted £20 delivery.... But if i order more than 1 will it still be same delivery?
Add another item to your basket and see what the shipping is. I tend to buy I number of items at the same time so the shipping doesn’t seem so bad compared to one item.

Back