UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

AtA verified in an email to me this morning that the magazine included in the membership WILL be shipped to all international members as well.
That's a nice surprise 😃 I wonder if I will have to pay any taxes and fees for it? Maybe a digital magazine would be cheaper to send internationally, both for AL but also for customers outside of UK since then we won't be forced to pay all the fees? 😃

That's a good question - although it won't pertain to me in the US, as we don't get charged any import fees or taxes here. I'd much rather receive a hard copy than a digital one.

I get paid on monday so I'll grab it then. It sounds like an interesting show going by the synopsis. If I'm not mikstaken this is where the Yandere girl trope comes from right?
Yanderes have been around for a long time, but Future Diary was well known for this meme:

Gasai_Yuno.jpg

Even a quick sell to Cex should get you pretty close to the new edition cost, espically if you have screen anime or Unlimited Anime 10% discount (complete set version sells for £28, parts is a bit less), so that's an option. And no postage or ebay fees with Cex might make it a pretty good option now it's out for sale, but may make Cex reconsider there pricing now that it avalible to pre order.

Well, I thought I'd order this Future Diary CE from AtA and use their new 10% discount code, but even with VAT removed and the 10% off, the total was £51.99 with the £25 international shipping to the US. That's still an OK price I would buy it for if it was an exclusive, but I went on AOL and pre-ordered the CE for £39.99 shipped to the US. Now if only AOL removed VAT too...

Well, I thought I'd order this Future Diary CE from AtA and use their new 10% discount code, but even with VAT removed and the 10% off, the total was £51.99 with the £25 international shipping to the US. That's still an OK price I would buy it for if it was an exclusive, but I went on AOL and pre-ordered the CE for £39.99 shipped to the US. Now if only AOL removed VAT too...
i thought they did for non UK customers, might just be for europeans

As I sit here waiting for the SEED box to ship, Gundam Info announces both SEED HD shows are available again on YouTube.

Great synergy, Sunrise. Undercut people putting money on the table...

Really glad I preordered Violet Evergarden at AOL as well as from AtA, at least AOL shipped out their copy to me on time in April. What was the original AL release date for this set? Was it back in December, or even before that? I guess this will go into June for the second print run.

Even a quick sell to Cex should get you pretty close to the new edition cost, espically if you have screen anime or Unlimited Anime 10% discount (complete set version sells for £28, parts is a bit less), so that's an option. And no postage or ebay fees with Cex might make it a pretty good option now it's out for sale, but may make Cex reconsider there pricing now that it avalible to pre order.
Thanks for this. Was on the fence about Future Diary but like £3 or so to upgrade makes it a bargain.

Back