UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Wiki tells me Crunchyroll has the US license (and still has AL down as the UK license), but 1) I watched some of it on Funimation a couple of years ago (I really don't "get" the whole Funi/Crunchy thing) and 2) AL haven't mentioned it for ages (they announced it in 2016)
AL haven't distributed for Funi since Funi bought Manga and cancelled their deal with AL. I don't know about that particular case, but everything AL had lined up that was also a Funi sub-licence was cancelled back in 2019, so unless they happen to hold the separate UK licence it will probably come through FuniManga, if at all.

Sort of off topic but as someone who didn't sign up for Screen Anime did those who did ever actually get those physical membership cards? If so what did they look like? They're gonna be collector's items now haha

I don't understand licenses as well as a lot of people here - is there still any chance of Ace Attorney being released by AL?

Wiki tells me Crunchyroll has the US license (and still has AL down as the UK license), but 1) I watched some of it on Funimation a couple of years ago (I really don't "get" the whole Funi/Crunchy thing) and 2) AL haven't mentioned it for ages (they announced it in 2016)

The US releases seem fairly affordable, so I'm wondering if I should just forget about a possible UK release and buy them instead.
Unfortunately Ace Attorney is very likely one of the many series from the Funimation partnership that got cancelled. With many of these series while Crunchyroll has the US license, under the previous partnership Funimation handled their home video releases. As Anime Limited's partnership with Funimation ended so did their sub-licenses.

Wonder when anime ltd are going to ship violet evergarden to up1 so I can get my copy. Almost a month since release and I don't think they've had any copies yet!
Well, they haven't gotten re-stocked at AlltheAnime yet, I'm still waiting for my copy to ship from there. So UP1 will probably get them about the same time they get re-stocked there. Fortunately I had also ordered a copy from AOL, and I received that one back on April 28.

Last edited:
Wonder when anime ltd are going to ship violet evergarden to up1 so I can get my copy. Almost a month since release and I don't think they've had any copies yet!
Earlier this week they responded to someone asking about it on Twitter. Stock expected sometime next month 😫

I have no idea how Base managed to get copies when I've not seen a single copy in stock at any store I've checked since release, but I'm gonna take a chance and hope they don't post it in a plastic bag 😂

I just got my gift card for £21 for the remainder of the screen anime account time as promised which is great, and was going to use it at some point to re sub to Unlimited Anime.
But as Unlimted Anime is £18 there will be some left over. Does any one know how it works with extra/ left over amounts. Or am I better off emailing Anime Limited?

EDIT: Oh I just checked there home page and Unlimited Anime and looks to be card only so I can't do that anyway.

Last edited:
Have people already recieved their anime unlimited discount codes? I signed up on Tuesday when it went live but still havent got one.

Back