Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list new entries:

At the behest of @Geriatric hedgehog and @João Gomes respectively, Eden of the East + movies, and Ping Pong: The Animation have been added to the suggestions list.

Thanks, fellas. 👍

Last edited:
Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list new entry:

Azumanga Daioh has been added to the list, @ayase. 👍

Last edited:
5 (6 including myself) actual Yays and a few watched/watching later so not doing it officially, but I hope they will add their thoughts.

If we want a break after GL and fit it all into May then the 6th would be good for the start date, but there'd be no break days.
Or we could start a little earlier, say the 4th and have a couple of break days.
Or start on the 6th and have a few break days and spill into June (could then do a shorter series in June)

I was trying to think of a pun for the title and was looking at taglines from Sci-fi films and saw Pixar had already come up with "In Space No-one Can Hear You Clean" for Wall-E, so I'm going to knick that unless anyone has any suggestions?

I'm happy with starting whenever! :)

Don't mind if it spills into June a little either, but I'll def be there :cool:

Will need a new topical avatar though, might get an ep or two done before I decide what as it's a first watch for me.

Yes, I bet you're getting a bit bored and restless now!?
Yeah though I have just been binging shows for the last month now anyway! But definitely ready to get back to normal.

I hadnt mentioned it before as it seemed jinxy in a superstitious way but I've also had a few interviews over the last few weeks. (Works going through a bit of a restructuring and they're starting a new Green Hygrogen research group) but I got an offer in yesterday so when i go back I'll be doing something new which is exciting but does make me more restless to get back to normality!

do a shorter
I'd like a bit of a gap before starting Planetes.

Also on a simulwatch-related note, I'd personally prefer to defer Ergo Proxy until later in the year. I don't think I'd want to do three two-cour series in a row, and I feel like I'd definitely get burned out on writing in-depth posts if it were to go ahead in June as originally suggested. That would be a real shame for me, because I'm a fan of the series and would want to enjoy a potential simulwatch properly.

I think it was mainly @Geriatric hedgehog and @Lordhippos who were interested in Ergo Proxy, so what do you guys think about putting it on ice for the moment?

I think it was mainly @Geriatric hedgehog and @Lordhippos who were interested in Ergo Proxy, so what do you guys think about putting it on ice for the moment?
Totally agree and happy to defer until later as definitely expecting that to be heavy! Maybe replace with one of the comedies @WMD mentioned for a change of pace and just relaxing simulwatch not needing in depth analysis?

Looking forward to the Planetes one as, like @Lordhippos, also going in blind with no preconceptions. Don't have any preferences on when to start and happy with whatever option.

How about the 12th? And have 3 break days 1 after the 6th, 12th and 18th episode would finish the 9th of June.
Based on this, I've set the start date for Planetes as 12 May in the Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list:

Based on this, I've set the start date for Planetes as 12 May in the Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list:

Good shout best to set a date and roll with it I think, 12th sound fine :)

Back