Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

Yes, the "Watched Threads" page is what I have all my shortcuts and bookmarks set to as my "hompage," for this and every forum I've frequented over the years. Now you have become one with the Forum, Padawan... ;)
Heheh there is hope for me still eh? But yeah I'm happy to keep this as the only forum I use, I learnt in the early days of Facebook at uni that I don't do well with social media addiction and therefore vehemently avoid such platforms. But this one I like a lot and get to chat anime with nice peeps with no toxicity, so will keep at it heh.

As far as anime forums, I currently am only on two ful-ltime - This one and the blu-ray.com anime sub-forum. But, unfortunately blu-ray.com is down right now, they are replacing a crashed OS drive on the main server. I've been on here about 3 years, and on blu-ray.com 11 years. I was actually one of three members involved heavily with getting the Anime sub-forum created in the blu-ray.com forum. I've been a member of a few other anime forums on and off during that time, but I was never a member of more than 3 at any given time, and the third one was a very minor anime forum with little activity. And never on MAL, lol.

Last edited:
I just use MAL for my list of things I watched, and mainly because otherwise I may struggle to remember everything I watched, when I watched it, and what I thought of it at the time score wise. It has some social bits in there as well but I'd prefer to keep it as list only, and here for anime chat.

this one I like a lot and get to chat anime with nice peeps with no toxicity
So do I. The only other online fan forum I've ever posted on is Evageeks, and the difference between there and here is pronounced. I love it here.

(Implying that I don't love Evageeks? Consider this simple equation: Evageeks = toxicity)

I learnt in the early days of Facebook at uni that I don't do well with social media addiction and therefore vehemently avoid such platforms.
I feel kinda blessed, then, in finding the whole social media thing so uninteresting. 😕
I have a couple of accounts from years back but never use them. I wouldn't give it the time of day now.

I feel kinda blessed, then, in finding the whole social media thing so uninteresting. 😕
You're right, for me at least it's mostly thoroughly uninteresting keeping-up-with-the-Jones' status anxiety exemplified, which is an overwhelming majority of social media really. I found Facebook incredibly useful initially to keep up with mates in far flung regions. But with my ocd-like personality it just became a time-sink, where I was wasting time I didn't have checking updates on individuals I didn't know, nor care for. So that was the end of my social media endeavours then heh. To the extent that one mate just started ignoring me in real life because he simply couldn't believe I had stopped checking my Facebook account! Go figure...
I just use MAL for my list of things I watched, and mainly because otherwise I may struggle to remember everything I watched, when I watched it, and what I thought of it at the time score wise. It has some social bits in there as well but I'd prefer to keep it as list only, and here for anime chat.
That sounds like a useful feature and I'll keep that in mind. These days I just keep a list on Evernote, or buy the anime I really like. Problem instead is buying something you already have because your collection is a mess heheh.

Wow, really?!

What an a*sehole. 😅
Yeah I thought so too, but hey I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was hurt by my lack of Facebook communications heh. Was probably too narrow-minded to think human relationships in this era can actually exist in the absence of electronic communications of your latest instafamous smoothie....

Right with Gurren Lagann the series over and just the films and shorts to come, I just thought I would see who's interested in the Planetes simulwatch, especially those that might get theirs late. So from the Received Thread and others I've seen mention they're getting it.
Yay or Nay:
@HWR
@Jaysgba
@WMD
@Ricteix1976
@Azar
@Birdie Num Num
@ActionFaust
@Denny Fisher
@Buzzkillington
@kurush117k
@NormanicGrav
@Joe
@Gemsy-chan

People who will get theirs late:
@Girls wIth Guns
@Hunter_Killer
@fabio de lunatico

Others who I've seen in past simulwatches:
@Neil.T
@Lordhippos
@Geriatric hedgehog
@ayase
@Professor Irony (already a Nay for actually watching?)
@João Gomes
@Dai

And a long shot, but seeing as it's their baby:
@anime_andrew
@Hanners
@Jeremy Graves

EDIT: Just seen a few more in the AL Thread:
@Just Passing Through
@HellCat
@Kyril_Panda

Anyone else?

Last edited:
Right with Gurren Lagann the series over and just the films and shorts to come, I just thought I would see who's interested in the Planetes simulwatch, especially those that might get their's late. So from the Received Thread and others I've seen mention they're getting it.
Yay or Nay:
Yeah I'll be joining in.

I am up for watching it, as I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, I am doing it backwards and will buy the CE if I like it during the simulwatch enough to do so :)

I'm guessing it would be a case of finish the GL watch off, then at least a short break for people, then onto Planetes? it's apparently 26 eps so should be possible to start and finish it within the month of May?

I just thought I would see who's interested in the Planetes simulwatch, especially those that might get their's late.
I would be, I definitely will be watching it again anyway when I get the blu-ray, but I have yet to even order it thanks to having very little disposable cash for the last few months. So I don't mind if it goes ahead without me.

@Vashdaman can do it though, he has my old DVDs :p

I have the Planetes DVD set but unbelievably I haven't seen the series yet. The AL Blu-ray won't get here for another two weeks, I'm sure. I was actually wanting to participate in your Planetes Simulwatch, but then I showed a trailer/review to the neighbor couple yesterday, and now they are all psyched to watch it very soon, right after we finish the current anime we are watching - so it looks like I'll be showing it to them in person, and won't be participating in the Simulwatch. Sorry!

shorts to come
It's a "yay" from me to the Planetes simulwatch. My viewing and posting may be somewhat sporadic, though, as I'll be wanting to make the most of the good weather and all.

mention they're getting it
I would say that the Anime Limited crew would indeed be a veeery long shot. Imagine what might happen if people were late getting the next Gundam series because they had the gall to actually sit down and enjoy one of their own releases at a relaxed pace.

Back