Anime retailers No Import Fees List

One thing I have to say, I don't like using them as their prices are high and shipping is slow and expensive but at least Zavvi have set up an Irish portal for EU customers.

As has been mentioned in another thread Irish online stores for entertainment are virtually non existent, and don't cater for anime at all, so this helps.
Shipments from UP1 reach me within 3 days (I'm from Poland). It costs me 16-20 GB, but with a large shipment. It pays off to buy from them when you take more (thinking long distance shipping). Another advantage for me is great packaging. I've never had anything broken. With Zavvi it is cheaper to ship a lot, but prices of items usually higher + I am worried about the shipments which are slow, and sometimes I got damaged (Finger crossed for good shape of "Weathering With You" box xD). Then they don't even want to send a replacement of it to me, unless I send my item (damaged) back to them at my expense. For me, such shipping is 6-7GBP, so I prefer UP1, where I do not have such problems.

Btw. UP1: We will not be changing any prices or charging any fees. Poland Import fees might change.

So as I understand, they will send in the same way as before, but I can expect that they charge me in my country at the border (import fees - VAT etc.).

As I've got a Monogatari Aniplex set ordered via UP1, they recently emailed me with this notice:

At the moment our UK & USA companies transfering to new import rules.
Please note new VAT rules as result of leaving EU, will mean UK VAT will be added to US sales from February 2021.
You may be better off ordering from UK web site in future.

The wording is confusing, but it sounds like all US sets will have VAT added on top of the price they are offering starting February 2021.

One thing I have to say, I don't like using them as their prices are high and shipping is slow and expensive but at least Zavvi have set up an Irish portal for EU customers.

As has been mentioned in another thread Irish online stores for entertainment are virtually non existent, and don't cater for anime at all, so this helps.
Do you have a source for the claim that Zavvi have set up an Irish portal for EU customers?

Not the biggest fan of Zavvi but if this is true they will become one of the few options.

The website is Zavvi Ireland. If this doesn't bring you to it change the region to Eire on the website.
Ah, but that is just one of their regional skins for zavvi.com. There are sites for many countries. They still send from the UK, their terms&conditions specify as much. Any import duties and VAT are still on the buyer.

Ah, but that is just one of their regional skins for zavvi.com. There are sites for many countries. They still send from the UK, their terms&conditions specify as much. Any import duties and VAT are still on the buyer.
They've never sent from the UK, all items from Zavvi are shipped from the Channel Islands which were already outside the EU.

As I've got a Monogatari Aniplex set ordered via UP1, they recently emailed me with this notice:

The wording is confusing, but it sounds like all US sets will have VAT added on top of the price they are offering starting February 2021.
probably just the additional costs of the new system, I assume UP1 are as much in the dark as everybody else, as to the full costs of the new import system,
I'll ask them when I next phone and see what is going on.

probably just the additional costs of the new system, I assume UP1 are as much in the dark as everybody else, as to the full costs of the new import system,
I'll ask them when I next phone and see what is going on.
Hopefully more context is given, because if they are planning to make adjustments starting February then I may as well get Zoku Owari ordered today as well.

I had a look at Rightstuf's pre-paid VAT stuff and while its good that they FINALLY added it after all of these years, the issue is that because they have to use FedEx shipping [$30 + $5 more for another item] currently due to COVID, the total price is a mess.

The cheapest shipping option before 2020 was $12.73 and that can usually be applied to one item (or two depending on the weight). Combine that with the VAT estimation, and it would mean a more reasonable cost to be on-par or cheaper than UP1's current prices, and better than the expensive FedEx option.

Hopefully more context is given, because if they are planning to make adjustments starting February then I may as well get Zoku Owari ordered today as well.

I had a look at Rightstuf's pre-paid VAT stuff and while its good that they FINALLY added it after all of these years, the issue is that because they have to use FedEx shipping [$30 + $5 more for another item] currently due to COVID, the total price is a mess.

The cheapest shipping option before 2020 was $12.73 and that can usually be applied to one item (or two depending on the weight). Combine that with the VAT estimation, and it would mean a more reasonable cost to be on-par or cheaper than UP1's current prices, and better than the expensive FedEx option.
All I know for sure is UP1 are on the affiliate program of Right stuf, so they get everything at special prices, I'm not sure even RS has everything sorted for the new system (all details etc) so watch this space.

Taking a guess that as you are buying from the USA when ordering via UP1 USA, they would now be legally required to charge UK VAT at point of sale, just the same as buying from Rightstuf or AmiAmi

Where as before you were only paying whatever their local USA tax was

I know its "Shipped from the UK" but their paper trail still needs to lead back to the sale and product being in the USA

I emailed United Publications and got some new additional info:
  • All orders this month will still use the regular pricing on United Publications US, before adding VAT starting 1st February.
  • United Publications UK already has VAT included in its costs and will not be affected by the change.

Might also need to contact UP1, as they shipped Demon Slayer Part 2 and Domestic Girlfriend today and it also states what you said @NormanicGrav . But since I’m in Belgium that doesn’t apply for me, and I guess they generally add this to their shipping emails :)

I emailed United Publications and got some new additional info:
  • All orders this month will still use the regular pricing on United Publications US, before adding VAT starting 1st February.
  • United Publications UK already has VAT included in its costs and will not be affected by the change.
Hmm so UP1 US will start adding VAT? I thought they shipped from the UK or am I mistaken?

Back