New Forums: Bugs, Feedback, and Questions

I've encountered a weird bug where every time I press the "return" button my keyboard closes. It's very annoying.
Tried on a different forum to see if it might be a Chrome problem, but it worked fine.
Also getting some "options" on the search box, as if it thinks I'm trying to login? Or something:
Screenshot_20200904-203553.png

I've encountered a weird bug where every time I press the "return" button my keyboard closes. It's very annoying.
Tried on a different forum to see if it might be a Chrome problem, but it worked fine.
Also getting some "options" on the search box, as if it thinks I'm trying to login? Or something:
View attachment 14811
I've also encountered the same issue where my keyboard closes when pressing "return". This also sometimes happens when pressing "delete"

This probably more website feedback:
It had been bugging me for months that my posts were a also saying a differnt time zone (in this case Japan so +9hrs), but would it not make more sense to have the default time zone be UTC/London as this is "Anime UK News"

I had a few attempts at trying to change/find the time zone but recently I found it. If anyone else want to change it (Account setting > Setting/Prefrences > Time zones). I'm honestly surprised I had tried to find it before cause it wasn't hard to find this time around.

This probably more website feedback:
It had been bugging me for months that my posts were a also saying a differnt time zone (in this case Japan so +9hrs), but would it not make more sense to have the default time zone be UTC/London as this is "Anime UK News"

I had a few attempts at trying to change/find the time zone but recently I found it. If anyone else want to change it (Account setting > Setting/Prefrences > Time zones). I'm honestly surprised I had tried to find it before cause it wasn't hard to find this time around.
It should’ve set itself automatically according to your browser’s locale and system timezone - as you say, if it does so incorrectly you can change it, but I’ve not heard of anyone else reporting an incorrect locale.

Just in case, I’ll check that the default/fallback locale is set to UK time, but I think this might have been the forums picking up an incorrect configuration from your device.

It should’ve set itself automatically according to your browser’s locale and system timezone - as you say, if it does so incorrectly you can change it, but I’ve not heard of anyone else reporting an incorrect locale.

Just in case, I’ll check that the default/fallback locale is set to UK time, but I think this might have been the forums picking up an incorrect configuration from your device.
It's all sorted for myslef, so not a problem, so probably just a one off and my PC just wasn't playing ball that day.

Someone's "improved" the forum posting box! i.e. made it worse!
When I want to Bold a title I press the B, write the title and then press B again except when I press B again the cursor returns to the start and the text is no longer Bold! With the other method of writing the titles out and going back to highlight the title then pressing B to bold works except I can't press the B for the top one because the "Cut Copy etc" Box on Chrome (mobile) shows up hiding the B! Not a problem before because the options above were on 2 lines, so the B was visible. Now I have to press return twice, highlight, press B and then delete the 2 returns!

While we're on the new posting box is there a reason why theres three 3 dot menus? Spoiler is under one of them but inline spoiler is under a different one which seems a bit odd. Theres so much space on the bar I feel it would be nice to have the most used ones still on it. ( for me those are spoiler, inline spoiler and add photo) is there a way to check which are the most common and possibly add them back to main bar?

Someone's "improved" the forum posting box! i.e. made it worse!
When I want to Bold a title I press the B, write the title and then press B again except when I press B again the cursor returns to the start and the text is no longer Bold! With the other method of writing the titles out and going back to highlight the title then pressing B to bold works except I can't press the B for the top one because the "Cut Copy etc" Box on Chrome (mobile) shows up hiding the B! Not a problem before because the options above were on 2 lines, so the B was visible. Now I have to press return twice, highlight, press B and then delete the 2 returns!
I'll see if I can do anything to help. It may be something that we can't control ourselves, but which a future update can resolve for us.

Is there no way to preview posts any more?
It's the button at the far right of the toolbar - with the document and hourglass. :)

While we're on the new posting box is there a reason why theres three 3 dot menus? Spoiler is under one of them but inline spoiler is under a different one which seems a bit odd. Theres so much space on the bar I feel it would be nice to have the most used ones still on it. ( for me those are spoiler, inline spoiler and add photo) is there a way to check which are the most common and possibly add them back to main bar?
I've tweaked the layout to fit as much into the main toolbar as I can. We're a bit limited at smaller sizes due to having far less space to work with, but - at least on the larger sizes - the editor will now surface the most useful options directly without needing to go into the overflow menu.

Last edited:
I've tweaked the layout to fit as much into the main toolbar as I can. We're a bit limited at smaller sizes due to having far less space to work with, but - at least on the larger sizes - the editor will now surface the most useful options directly without needing to go into the overflow menu.
Thanks. Though is there a reason why the space can't be filled? Theres still a big empty space in the bar that feels pretty wasteful. Especially given the old bar just filled the whole space with icons and was more user friendly.

Screenshot_20201126-074314_Chrome.jpg

Thanks. Though is there a reason why the space can't be filled? Theres still a big empty space in the bar that feels pretty wasteful. Especially given the old bar just filled the whole space with icons and was more user friendly.
There are different toolbar layouts based on the size of your device - we have four different layouts to account for portrait phones, small tablets and landscape phones, large tablets and laptops, and desktops. Because you're on the phone size, the toolbar is designed for very small phone screens - in which I've filled the space as best as I can:

1606406132362.png

I hope that XenForo eventually allow for an option to automatically move buttons back into the toolbar to fill the available space, but for now it's something that limits what we can do.

Back