UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm going to ask the dumb obvious question, as this is my first All The Anime xmas sale, but the mystery box can include any collector's blu ray from the site catalogue, except for the new additions that will also be added over the 12 days (e.g. Planetes, Erased)?

Not all of the old KAZE just yet, they still need to rescue Berserk Golden Age, Nisekoi, Princess Jellyfish and Tiger & Bunny lol
Haruhi Suzumiya S1 as well right?

I'm going to ask the dumb obvious question, as this is my first All The Anime xmas sale, but the mystery box can include any collector's blu ray from the site catalogue, except for the new additions that will also be added over the 12 days (e.g. Planetes, Erased)?
It tends to be nothing released in the last 6 months or so.
That's gone back to Manga and looks like a s1 and 2 set will be released next year.

Haruhi is going to be released by Manga thanks to leaks

Only titles released before April this year is the norm.

This was Bandai, Manga are releasing a complete collection next year.

I already own Black Lagoon and Sentai's release of Penguindrum, but I'd happily shell out on the latter again if it receives a new sub track that isn't heavily based on Steven Foster's 2007-era meme-filled script. I'm not sure if Kaze used the same 'dubtitles' on their dvds, but an official release without lines like "panties for the win" would be fantastic.

Oh Steven Foster... shakes head

I have a limited box from Funimation of Black Lagoon series, so I will skip it. Penguindrum I have from Sentai, but I love these series, and if they create very nice packing with a lot of extras, I will think about it (just like with Tamako Market). I'm a little surprised with Your Name, let's do it again, Your Name ultimate box, but this time with 4k xD

Really hyped for Penguindrum blu-ray CE, although other than the subs isn't the sentai release rather poor in general?
1080i I think?

Hoping this release will be better, but I just know this is one I'll be getting regardless.

Completely unrelated but I have a question, I know a few of you are outside the EU and import from alltheanime.com, do you get charged VAT, or is the price you pay on their site about 20% less than what's listed, ie is the VAT subtracted upon checkout?
Just wondering, with brexit coming up, and I know many EU shops can and do subtract VAT if shipping an order to outside the EU.

Really hyped for Penguindrum blu-ray CE, although other than the subs isn't the sentai release rather poor in general?
1080i I think?

Hoping this release will be better, but I just know this is one I'll be getting regardless.
They have confirmed it'll be a completely new author as we're going to have a 1080p transfer this time compared to the Sentai & Siren Visual 1080i discs. As for the subtitles, I don't know about that yet but chances are they'll look into it for the release.

(saying that if Sentai does re-release the series next year, then they'll redo the authoring completely which helps save AL some hassle and the subs should be tweaked also)

Very intrested in the Black Lagoon set. One of.my favorite anime and deserving of a complete collectors set. Good to see old Kaze licences being picked up.

I'm still surprised nobody has picked up Recreators. Seems to have been forgotten about.

Enjoyed the first day. I had very specific criticisms of the first Cloud Matsuri and they've all been addressed. In particular, there's much more of a push for the social aspect with actual creativity panels and a consistent organiser push on social media. Gives a more cosy feeling and helps break up just having commercial panels.

Also glad that the archive is available for a limited time. Was up for 20 hours yesterday and sadly crashed around 6pm, so looking forward to catching up on what I missed.

Yeah I agree, this Cloud Matsuri has been very good so far.

Something I cant remember if it was addressed; did they say whether the Black Lagoon set would include Robertas Blood Trail or is it just the series? I'll be getting it either way but would be nice if it could include it.

Black Lagoon is a welcome announcement - was one of the first anime I imported after acquiring a multi region player. Looking forward to seeing what can be done for Bookworm as well.

I'm still surprised nobody has picked up Recreators. Seems to have been forgotten about.
Aye Re:Creators is one of my favourite Amazon series so it's a real shame Aniplex just doesn't do anything with their shows. Probably some kind of agreement between them and Amazon that prevents a release for some time I guess.

Screen Anime panel has so far confirmed the following for the UK (I'm updating as it goes along, yes they mention digital and home video at the end of each film's segment):
  • Lupin III: The First
  • Violet Evergarden the Movie
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Evangelion: Death(true)2 and The End of Evangelion - Theatrical screens!
  • Josee, the Tiger and the Fish
  • Masaaki Yuasa's Inu-Oh
  • The Deer King
  • On-Gaku
  • Millennium Actress 4K restoration
  • Your Name 4K upscale

Last edited:
Back