UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm also disappointed March comes in like a Lion Season 2 hasn't been acquired yet.

OrzNGvA.gif
Wonder how much of that is down to people who didn't buy season 1 because AL didn't also announce season 2 at the same time. Very weird reasons people had for not buying it lol

I've been expecting a SEED delay for weeks and to be honest I'd rather they get it right first time than have to do a disc replacement so I'm ok waiting.

On not getting the 'wrong' version as well, you can't moan they messed up the discs for them to say they're gonna fix it and then say you still want the inferior version! Can someone please tell me the Japanese name for a Karen?

And as we're 3 weeks out from what would be the release and I would assume some aspects have gone off to the printers can we at least get a pack shot and confirmation on what is actually included now!

I've been expecting a SEED delay for weeks and to be honest I'd rather they get it right first time than have to do a disc replacement so I'm ok waiting.

On not getting the 'wrong' version as well, you can't moan they messed up the discs for them to say they're gonna fix it and then say you still want the inferior version! Can someone please tell me the Japanese name for a Karen?

And as we're 3 weeks out from what would be the release and I would assume some aspects have gone off to the printers can we at least get a pack shot and confirmation on what is actually included now!
Karen-chan

Bad jokes aside. It feels like AL (or any publisher really) can never win, whatever they do people always end up whining. I'd rather have a product being delayed, than receiving one that is defective and having to deal with a replacement scheme. But I guess that's just me.

Karen-chan

Bad jokes aside. It feels like AL (or any publisher really) can never win, whatever they do people always end up whining. I'd rather have a product being delayed, than receiving one that is defective and having to deal with a replacement scheme. But I guess that's just me.
100% with you.

And I'm leaning towards Kaworu!
(Eva reference ftw!)

I'd have loved 00 in a one and done set but for available materials it just makes more sense SEED got one. 00 has 50 episodes, a movie and 3 compilations. SEED has a show, that show re edited and 2 choices of dub. Given the timing, feels like the idea was something to dive into over the Christmas holidays.

Well, still waiting for rest movies of Evangelion movies from Anime Ltd, Castlevania S2, Euphonium S2, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya S2 and Free from KyoAni xD
I'm pretty sure they lost Free when the Funi deal ended. Fate/Kaleid wont happen as they said the cuts required for it to pass BBFC would be extensive and not worth it.

The other 2 though I really want to happen.

Well, still waiting for rest movies of Evangelion movies from Anime Ltd, Castlevania S2, Euphonium S2, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya S2 and Free from KyoAni xD
The only ones with any real chance are Castlevania and Rebuild of Evangelion tbh. Free is with Funimation, Fate/Kaleid is risky and Euphonium just didn't sell that well

The only ones with any real chance are Castlevania and Rebuild of Evangelion tbh. Free is with Funimation, Fate/Kaleid is risky and Euphonium just didn't sell that well
Are you sure with Euphonium? I would like to know and buy a Ponycan release if there is no chance of a UK edition. I don't want it to turn out to be an Anime Ltd version afterwards...

Are you sure with Euphonium? I would like to know and buy a Ponycan release if there is no chance of a UK edition. I don't want it to turn out to be an Anime Ltd version afterwards...
Not 100% but I know it was often talked about on Discord that the series didn't do too well. Not sure if things have changed though. Been a while since I visited the server.

Not 100% but I know it was often talked about on Discord that the series didn't do too well. Not sure if things have changed though. Been a while since I visited the server.
Well AL did say there was demand for the show when they revealed its standard edition set so perhaps it did better over time. Honestly the series is in limbo anyway because in the end it's a Crunchyroll title.

On the topic of disappointments, I'm saddened that the Anime Limited 4K Ultra HD Collector's Edition package of Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress doesn't include Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack on physical format.

I'm also disappointed March comes in like a Lion Season 2 hasn't been acquired yet.

Re Gundam Seed - The reason folks haven't heard anything there is the regular retail date wasn't until 2021 anyway here (so you'd have seen more info in early December and most likely we'll still put that information live then, ideally along with a new release date).

To be clear - our goal was always to fulfil the shop specifically within 2020 then put it out to general retail, hence no Amazon or other listings as with other stock.

Side note but relevant for folks - worth keeping in mind with a lot of delays pan-industry just now in the UK is that several of the EU territories replication plants for discs & packaging are under heavy lockdown due to COVID just now so efficiency has dropped by a lot - basically slowing everyone's print queues down. It's extremely frustrating for all of us as products have been in well ahead of date and we have to keep adjusting the release dates as we go.

Regarding the broadcast version in HD - it's an error not a bonus, so you either get one or the other. The cost of printing Blu-Rays is expensive so to add the other version in would see the cost ballooning beyond the SRP it's set at. That's why we took the decision to delay until the new discs are available.

Re Millennium Actress -
Even if we could have accessed it, the cost would have made it prohibative to do both the OST and a 4K master (which is massively more expensive than a BD) and bumped the price up to a region that I am unsure fans would be comfortable paying honestly by and large. We work with what we can though there :).

Re March S2 - It's not been forgotten about here - but we can only do so much at anytime folks and it was not the highest seller I'm afraid so it's one we will go back to if we can as it's a show close to my heart, but it's taking some time.

Best,

Andrew

Re March S2 - It's not been forgotten about here - but we can only do so much at anytime folks and it was not the highest seller I'm afraid so it's one we will go back to if we can as it's a show close to my heart, but it's taking some time.

Best,

Andrew

Awww that's okay.
Despite it being my favourite anime it's understandable that March Comes in a Lion isn't mainstream.
Hopefully it gets released in 2021
Got Part 1 of Season 1 before it became OOP :)

Re Millennium Actress - Even if we could have accessed it, the cost would have made it prohibative to do both the OST and a 4K master (which is massively more expensive than a BD) and bumped the price up to a region that I am unsure fans would be comfortable paying honestly by and large. We work with what we can though there :).

Best,

Andrew
Thanks for the reply!

To be fair Hirasawa's music is god-tier quality so I wouldn't be surprised if it was ridiculously expensive to acquire his music either way, but I'm more than happy with the CE result (hoping it's not too expensive).

As long as March Season 2 makes it in the end, whether it takes another year or its print run had to be halved like LL Sunshine was, any opportunity would be appreciated.

Just wanted to lob in a quick message here for Andrew's benefit.

I don't post around these parts much these days between one thing and another, but I've had half an eye on the Gundam SEED stuff, and I have to say my heart goes out to folks in the industry having to deal with problems like the materials issue that's come to light.

I've no idea if I'll be able to afford that set when it appears, although it's certainly something I've got on my radar. I hope the team at Anime Limited can rest assured that there's folks who appreciate the work they put in to make these products happen - especially when there are unexpected bumps in the road.

Looking forward to spending a TON of cash in the xmas sale, by the way. Hope you guys are staying safe!

Mobile Suit Gundam NT and Violet Evergarden have been pushed back to 11th January 2021.

Now don't be alarmed, as this could just be another instance where the retailers outside of the AL shop will be getting the stock later.

Back