The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I won't lie, World's End Harem is basically hentai without going too explicit so it can serialise in Shonen Jump Plus so it was inevitable that this would happen after the JNC delisting occurred a while back.
Its weird that they've delisted most of both titles but still have preorders up for Yuuna 11, 12, 13, 14... they'll probably be next.

And if I want To Love Ru off Amazon I better get on that quick before they get wind of it because I'd say it's a lot worse than Yuuna!!

Its weird that they've delisted most of both titles but still have preorders up for Yuuna 11, 12, 13, 14... they'll probably be next.

And if I want To Love Ru off Amazon I better get on that quick before they get wind of it because I'd say it's a lot worse than Yuuna!!
Amazon:
ne01nmkt1nv21.jpg

it might work out a deal for someone but if anyone was interested in getting Worlds End Harem v6 and v8, and Yuuna v7 and v9 there's a 15% discount code that works on speedyhen ebay but it's £20+ spend so it'll only work if you buy atleast 3 of them or i guess any other manga they have sold on their ebay store that you're interested in

Intrigued by Requiem of the Rose King getting an anime, I never really got around to reading the manga so hopefully they'll adapt the whole series. She was the one who did Otomen right? That might have made a really fun shoujo anime, will be worth seeing if this project generates interest in an adaptation of that title as well :)

Intrigued by Requiem of the Rose King getting an anime, I never really got around to reading the manga so hopefully they'll adapt the whole series. She was the one who did Otomen right? That might have made a really fun shoujo anime, will be worth seeing if this project generates interest in an adaptation of that title as well :)

Yes the series is made by the person behind Otomen. The manga is still in production, and indeed the English releases have yet to get to the point in which Richard III has become king yet, so I'm not sure if they are covering the entire series.

RACS seems to be placing the blame solely on Funimation here. Do they know if it's actually Funimation's choice, a decision imposed on Funimation by the Japanese licensor or are they just following the anti-Funimation narrative that everyone loves these days?

RACS seems to be placing the blame solely on Funimation here. Do they know if it's actually Funimation's choice, a decision imposed on Funimation by the Japanese licensor or are they just following the anti-Funimation narrative that everyone loves these days?
I was curious about RACS's statement and I decided to check out screenshots of the Japanese Blu-ray version and...

Basically we have nudity scenes of characters that will make the BBFC request cuts.

I was curious about RACS's statement and I decided to check out screenshots of the Japanese Blu-ray version and...

Basically we have nudity scenes of characters that will make the BBFC request cuts.
It's not like they haven't shied away from releasing uncut releases of stuff skewing too far H or what amounted to shota/loli in the past either. They refused to release Tsugumomo uncut and refused to release Hybrid Heart. We also have what happened earlier in the year with Interspecies Reviewers.

interspecies reviewers is being released by a hentai company... it’s not unfeasible they didn’t expect it to be as graphic. I feel like I’m in a time loop
Okay I didn’t expect Azur Lane to be bad but jeez

Last edited:

Okay just found one of the scenes in question and if it was Funimation's choice then in this case I agree with their decision. That was pretty yikes

It's not like they haven't shied away from releasing uncut releases of stuff skewing too far H or what amounted to shota/loli in the past either. They refused to release Tsugumomo uncut and refused to release Hybrid Heart. We also have what happened earlier in the year with Interspecies Reviewers.
i wonder if its to do with the fact that sony own funimation because sony will not allow games with fan service unless there censored on the ps4.

Pretty sure in the case of Interspecies Reviewers they just weren't informed beforehand just how far the anime would go. I hear the manga was tame in comparison. This wasn't an issue exclusive to Funimation either as TV stations in Japan also dropped the series after a few episodes. I wouldn't blame Funimation for dropping what is essentially a hentai series.

i wonder if its to do with the fact that sony own funimation because sony will not allow games with fan service unless there censored on the ps4.
Nothing to do with Sony Computer Entertainment and their new clear as mud guidelines, they have no say in the operation of the Picture Television division.

Plus 2 of the titles I mentioned were either released or scheduled to be released before the Sony acquisition.

Recently been watching the dub of Azur Lane, and when episode 6 came along I did think this might be a problem. Assumed the worst and now makes me think further problems will occur with the upcoming spin off anime "Azur Lane Bisoko Zensin" (especially considering thats focusing on the characters that makes this scene a real problem for funi or whoever). At least Azur Lane may come here now though!

Trying to remember what episodes I would censor out of Azur Lane

Only one that came to mind was the bath scene but we've seen uncensored Strike Witches, Valkyrie Drive and Highschool DXD in the US so when it comes to overall graphic content, I'm at a loss?

I'm pretty much taking this as Azur Lane has more content that requires censorship than Valkyrie Drive... The show that almost has more nudity than clothes.... I've read it all. And we're not even talking "oh but they look XYZ years old" at this point, as Valkyrie Drive was refused classification in the UK for that reason IIRC......... But had an uncensored US release?

Okay just found one of the scenes in question and if it was Funimation's choice then in this case I agree with their decision. That was pretty yikes
Eh, I've checked the uncut scenes and it's just visible nipples of people in a public bath, doesn't look all that egregious. Heck Amazon still sells Pretty Baby (1978) as both physical & amazingly video streaming and the content in that film is a 1000% worse than what is seen in uncut scenes from Azur Lane.

Last edited:
Back