UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

happy to see Konosuba getting an amaray with the CE but i think i'll try and hold out until christmas and see if they do a sale on it

I think NormanicGrav is quite right in what he mentioned on the previous page that this is a release that has a high chance of be going OOP fairly quickly. Like, it won't be Utena fast, but I wouldn't dillydally excessively on it.

I think NormanicGrav is quite right in what he mentioned on the previous page that this is a release that has a high chance of be going OOP fairly quickly. Like, it won't be Utena fast, but I wouldn't dillydally excessively on it.
i think i'll hold out for a standard edition, £35 for 11 episodes a bit overkill when i usually don't pay more than £20 for 12 episode sets

I received my Gundam 00 box.

But the spine design is skewed. Some of the back cover is on the left side of the spine.
Very shoddy work if you ask me. How does their quality control work? Is there any?

It did arrive with no nicks and dents so that's something.

I am still thinking about having it sent back and ask for a replacement.

To the people that bought this aswell, is your's better than this or is this a common issue with this box?

But the spine design is skewed. Some of the back cover is on the left side of the spine.
Very shoddy work if you ask me. How does their quality control work? Is there any?

To the people that bought this aswell, is your's better than this or is this a common issue with this box?
Good luck with that.... even if it’s not sold out.....the one time I sent for a replacement (Vampire Hunter D) due to spine print misalignment it came worse than the first time with new defects.....

My 00 Box is fine, though my Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower was printed wrong so that the very top of the box has a reasonably thick white line and the Gundam collection logo is therefore slightly lower than its prequel's box. .... Mildly annoying, but far from the end of the world. In fact the now-infamous grey specs are far more annoying in the long run, even if I'm used to it by now...

Mine looks almost identical to yours @cyborg 002. I don't really notice it when its on the shelf though, so doesn't bother me.

IBO and Zeta are much worse with bleeding for me, but nothing i can't live with.

Thanks for the info. I will just keep it then, as I can live with it.
Good luck with that.... even if it’s not sold out.....the one time I sent for a replacement (Vampire Hunter D) due to spine print misalignment it came worse than the first time with new defects.....
Thanks for the info. I'm sorry about the hassle you have been through.
Considering the replacements won't be checked for flaws either. I will be content with the box I have.
My 00 Box is fine, though my Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower was printed wrong so that the very top of the box has a reasonably thick white line and the Gundam collection logo is therefore slightly lower than its prequel's box. .... Mildly annoying, but far from the end of the world. In fact the now-infamous grey specs are far more annoying in the long run, even if I'm used to it by now...

Thanks for the info.

My Bandit Flower have the same white board.

The grey specs were not intentional! And here I thought I acquired some kind of super rare special Minowsky particle edition! Outrage!

I've got the chance to buy "Belladonna of sadness" collectors edition for 22£. Would you say that it's a good movie worth getting? 🙂 It looks pretty "weird" 😂

I've got the chance to buy "Belladonna of sadness" collectors edition for 22£. Would you say that it's a good movie worth getting? 🙂 It looks pretty "weird" 😂

It's really trippy and "nightmarish". I enjoyed it a great deal. Though I would warn you that it's the most prominent example of "not for everyone" in my book. Like large parts are barely animated and is just water painted stills with voice overs. The story also wouldn't suit everyone.

Great find though, considering the CE been gone for a while now.

It's really trippy and "nightmarish". I enjoyed it a great deal. Though I would warn you that it's the most prominent example of "not for everyone" in my book. Like large parts are barely animated and is just water painted stills with voice overs. The story also wouldn't suit everyone.

Great find though, considering the CE been gone for a while now.

I think I will give it a go 😄 Thank you for the detailed info. The trailer looked pretty trippy but I guess if I'm in the right mood it might be great 😃

Brings me back memories of Anime Limited doing the replacement scheme for Your Lie in April. I had to destroy my original box as I didn't have proof of purchase (Think it was gift or MCM)... And the replacement came heavily damaged

Never got a reply when I asked for a replacement of the replacement. Think that was the only time they sent CE boxes in Jiffy Bags as well

I think I will give it a go 😄 Thank you for the detailed info. The trailer looked pretty trippy but I guess if I'm in the right mood it might be great 😃

I could also recommend the other two parts of the Animerama trilogy, "A Thousand and One Nights" and "Cleopatra". They're comedies, unlike Belladonna, but they still have the same "experimental" feel. Third Window films are slinging the UK version of both as a joint collection for at a reasonable price. Might look into them as well.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the nightmare that's Belladonna 😁

I could also recommend the other two parts of the Animerama trilogy, "A Thousand and One Nights" and "Cleopatra". They're comedies, unlike Belladonna, but they still have the same "experimental" feel. Third Window films are slinging the UK version of both as a joint collection for at a reasonable price. Might look into them as well.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the nightmare that's Belladonna 😁
That sounds cool. I might have to look into those if I enjoy Belladonna 😁

Brings me back memories of Anime Limited doing the replacement scheme for Your Lie in April. I had to destroy my original box as I didn't have proof of purchase (Think it was gift or MCM)... And the replacement came heavily damaged

Never got a reply when I asked for a replacement of the replacement. Think that was the only time they sent CE boxes in Jiffy Bags as well

So you wind up with nothing? That's realy bad, at least they could have told you they were all out.

That sounds cool. I might have to look into those if I enjoy Belladonna 😁

I have the Belladonna CE. It is very weird because of the animation style. The story is very dark. 1001 Nights and Cleopatra are more enjoyable, they are mature but funny. Osamu Tezuka directed Clopatra and was involved in making 1001 Nights, so for Tezuka fans or dare I say anime connoisseurs they are worth it.

If you realy want something truly depressing and one of the most horrific anime ever made, there is always Midori.

So you wind up with nothing? That's realy bad, at least they could have told you they were all out.

I have the Belladonna CE. It is very weird because of the animation style. The story is very dark. 1001 Nights and Cleopatra are more enjoyable, they are mature but funny. Osamu Tezuka directed Clopatra and was involved in making 1001 Nights, so for Tezuka fans or dare I say anime connoisseurs they are worth it.

If you realy want something truly depressing and one of the most horrific anime ever made, there is always Midori.
Watched a trailer for Midori. Wtf?! 😂🥴 It made me feel nauseous from the music and the vibe.

The other two I'll add to my watch list 😀

Back