UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

See some interesting titles I've been checking out for a while. However, since AL killed my wallet with their recent early birds, I will have to lay low until next week when I get some more cash to spend on anime :)

Last edited:
I was trying to log in to my account on anime-on-line and it says my password is invalid, when I go to reset the password it tells me the password reset link has expired. I've tried like half a dozen times now using both Chrome and Edge :(

I'd quite like to buy Noragami :)

Afro Samurai!!! Also how does the Steins Gate anime hold up?

Honestly the VN was terribly dull (sacriledge I know) so I'm thinking I might prefer it as an anime.

Think I'll get Devil is a part timer. Already have the other stuff or not interested.
Just a heads up as Devil Part Timer's subs are a mess with dialogue, songs and signs appearing one at a time. They also have bad chapter points so skipping the OP will land you in the middle of a conversation.

Honestly the VN was terribly dull (sacriledge I know) so I'm thinking I might prefer it as an anime.
The original works better probably as an anime. Zero was ruined though as it does two routes and they try to merge them.
(Also if steins Gate is dull every VN I’ve read is full poor FHA with its silly side stories that mean nothing yet FHA is my fav VN by miles)

The original works better probably as an anime. Zero was ruined though as it does two routes and they try to merge them.
(Also if steins Gate is dull every VN I’ve read is full poor FHA with its silly side stories that mean nothing yet FHA is my fav VN by miles)

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what FHA is but on the topic of VN's my favorite is by far Higurashi :)

Out of my 24 mal friends who've watched it (most from here) 12 gave it a 10/10, 9 gave it 9/10 and the remaining 3 8/10! I also rated it a 10 and would say its comfortably one of the best series of the previous decade, just be weary of the slow ish first half.

Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia. The “sequel” to Fate/ Stay Night

Ah yes, I haven't played that one yet. I have played Fate Stay/Night which is good.

Out of my 24 mal friends who've watched it (most from here) 12 gave it a 10/10, 9 gave it 9/10 and the remaining 3 8/10! I also rated it a 10 and would say its comfortably one of the best series of the previous decade, just be weary of the slow ish first half.

Hoesntly a slow first half is what I am expecting, I've played the VN now for (checks steam) 15 hours (Jesus Christ) and it never picked up despite many protesting me to keep going lol. I figure an Anime will make that more tolerable.

Ah yes, I haven't played that one yet. I have played Fate Stay/Night which is good.

I highly recommend you to pick it up if you can get hold of it. Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia is also my favorite VN, but I know a lot of people find its SoL moments dull and don't like the tone shift from F/SN. Personally I feel like people who thinks that is kinda missing the point though.

On the subject of Steins;Gate, I've never been all that impressed by either the anime or VN. It is one of those I filed under "It's cool that people like it as much as they do, but personally I just don't get it".

Last edited:
I don't think the silly side stories are the big issue of S;G's VN. Most of the drama CDs and also the whole of Phenogramm and Darling VNs were pretty much side stories-only and still interesting enough. And some of the most hilarious of S;G is tucked in the drama CDs.

My better guess is that VNs are just slow by default. For one thing voice acting seems to talk a deal slower, then writing is also a deal more verbose. It's quite noticable that the format doesn't have to to pay so much attention to limited screentime or page count to keep itself that so concise, Also it's usually that one big thing in one piece, so has no need to 3/5 act structures within serial installment segments. (WNs are probably the closest thing to it.)

When I tried making an order on the MVM store with the recent 20% discount, and tried again now with the Manga sale, I'm getting charged £3 postage per item, anyone know when they changed this?

My last order with them it was only £3 postage for multiple items, that was a couple months ago.

When I tried making an order on the MVM store with the recent 20% discount, and tried again now with the Manga sale, I'm getting charged £3 postage per item, anyone know when they changed this?

My last order with them it was only £3 postage for multiple items, that was a couple months ago.
The 20% off sale concluded on 1st June at 9am BST. It was only available for the MATSURI weekend.

Back