[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Sentai Filmworks has acquired some more Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya.

The film Vow in the Snow and the special Prisma Phantasm will be available on Blu-ray individually for $19.98 and surprisingly it will be subtitled only.

Madman Entertainment August 2020 release slate.

Madman:
Demon Lord, Retry! (Blu-Ray)
Hensuki Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie? (Blu-Ray)
Hunter X Hunter Part 1 (Eps 1-26) (Blu-Ray)
Konosuba - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
Naruto Shippuden Chakra Collection 6 (Eps 356-430)
One Piece (Uncut) Collection 48 (Eps 575 - 587)
Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take off! (Blu-Ray)
Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher? Complete Series (Blu-Ray)

Funimation AU:
Black Clover Complete Season 1 (Eps 1-51) (Blu-Ray)
Bungo Stray Dogs Complete Season 3 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Bungo Stray Dogs Dead Apple (Blu-Ray)
Mob Psycho 100 II Complete Season 2 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Mob Psycho 100 II Complete Season 2 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 Part 1 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 Part 1 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 Part 2 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo

Should be noted that Konosuba is 2 disc (ie: not Discotek discs), Hunter x Hunter is 2011 anime, and that the DBZ 30th Anniversary is also being released.

Last edited:
I liked Konosuba but wouldn't consider myself a fan, thats why i'll only be buying the AL version. Also, i'm not made of money.

Gundam Build Fighters Special Build Disc compilation Blu-ray has been announced for 4th August in the US. This collection includes Gundam Build Fighters: GM’s Counterattack, Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars, and Gundam Build Fighters: Battlogue.

742617207020_anime-gundam-build-fighters-special-build-disc-blu-ray-primary.jpg

Discotek has acquired the rights to Detective Conan Episode One Special for Blu-ray with an English dub.

Love Hina Again on Blu-ray in 1080i upscale (digipaint show), includes outtakes and clean songs.

Last edited:
Discotek has acquired the rights to Memories. New English dub, revised subtitles and a 2021 date.

Animerama: 1001 Nights has also been acquired. The Discotek release will include the International English dub considered long-lost prior.

Combattler V is coming to Blu-ray in SD form.

Lupin the Third: Dragon of Doom. Blu-ray with Funimation dub.

Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro 4K Ultra HD release will include the extras from their Blu-ray release.

Demon City Shinjuku Blu-ray, Case Closed Episode 1 Special and Medabots Season 2 (SD BD) coming July 2020.

Cleopatra and Symphogear in 2020

S-Cry-Ed is coming to Blu-ray.

Urusei Yatsura the Movies are coming to Blu-ray, will include the English dubs that were already made prior.

More Case Closed is coming to Discotek.

Last edited:
Back