UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Revue Starlight contains
Collector's Edition contains 64 page artbook and 10 art cards. Contains episodes 1-12 of the anime directed by Tomohiro Furukawa.
Mysteria friends contains
Collector's edition contains 40 page art book and 4 artcards. Mysteria Friends contains episodes 1-10 of the anime directed by Hideki Okamoto.

Revue Starlight contains
Mysteria friends contains
It does seem a lot but 24 pages and 6 more arts cards is pretty significant. It will also mean the chipboard box has to be bigger. Whether it's worth the price difference will depend on each individual I suppose.

It does seem a lot but 24 pages and 6 more arts cards is pretty significant. It will also mean the chipboard box has to be bigger. Whether it's worth the price difference will depend on each individual I suppose.

Revue also has a much longer runtime.

Revue also has a much longer runtime.
Oh is it? I havent looked to see how long they are. It also makes me wonder how costs for something like this are split? How much is for the disc content and much is for the disc/packaging.

Its easier for me to say well its 58% more paper for the booklet and 150% more card for the art cards which is an obvious materials cost increase that is pretty large. I also personally value bookets and art cards in these collectors releases quite highly so I always want more and am happy to pay for that.

struggles so hard to find the missing part of Fate Zero. Sees now a complete collection only a few months later after all that hassle.
This is fine. This... is fine.

It is good for those who want to get the series though. Considering only one part was within reach for most people nowadays, having the complete series now released does give people who came in later to get it too.

struggles so hard to find the missing part of Fate Zero. Sees now a complete collection only a few months later after all that hassle.
This is fine. This... is fine.

It is good for those who want to get the series though. Considering only one part was within reach for most people nowadays, having the complete series now released does give people who came in later to get it too.
what i've found with anime and parts is i can usually trade in 1 of them into CEX and get most of the money for the collection part, i think with Code Geass i was up £4-5 beacuse i got rid of both parts for the collection but this generally only really applies when i get access to discount codes

what i've found with anime and parts is i can usually trade in 1 of them into CEX and get most of the money for the collection part, i think with Code Geass i was up £4-5 beacuse i got rid of both parts for the collection but this generally only really applies when i get access to discount codes

I've had that with one or two things, though usually the things I've traded in there were giving me a few pounds each. Collection parts do bring in a bit more though usually those are the things I'm planning to keep, not the ones I'm selling.

So I had a quick look and here are some titles that mvm released on dvd. Maybe the UK will get an upgrade on blu ray as the states have

Aquarion
Arakawa under the bridge
Basilisk
Battle girls
Burst angel
Canaan
Dream eater merry
Elemental gelade
Gravitation
Gungrave
Hakuoki
Heavens memo pad
Infinite stratos
Is this a zombie
Kamisama dolls
Majikoi oh samurai girls
Mayo chiki
Moribito
Needless
Night raid 1931
Nightwalker
Ninja scroll
Oreimo
Rosario and vampire
Samurai 7
Shakugan No Shana
Slayers
So I can't play H

Isn't the Complete Collection (S1+S2) blu-ray release from Funimation with all OVAs? - As far as I can tell S1 is 12 episodes, then 2 OVAs, then S2 with 10 episodes, then the sequel OVA. A total of 25 episodes, and the runtime listed everywhere for the set is 625 minutes. Just wondering, since I was going to get that release.
Season 1's OVA doesn't have a Blu-ray master last I checked so it was DVD only in the US release. Funimation's Seasons 1 & 2 collection re-uses the previous discs and thus omits the episode.

The Season 1 OVA has a Blu-ray master, but Funimation didn't use it.
Ah, then in that case it was basically a restriction done by Kadokawa at the time because Funimation pissed them off.
Then I don't understand what the 25 episodes on the S1+S2 collection are 🤔
s-l1600.jpg
Back cover specifies 12 episodes for basically each seasons lol

Interesting. The show that asks a question in it's title is another big one I haven't seen but people seemingly like so I might check it out in this deal.

Of course the answer to said question is no :p.

Back