UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

£84 for 28 episodes? I really dont envy any new fans interested in getting into the series. Lucky i got the Xmas bundle a few years ago.

Well the films are £60+ for 3. And only Bakemonogatari you can't fully stream bar the films so you can easily watch it if you dont mind losing on the exclusive BD OPs for some arcs

£84 for 28 episodes? I really dont envy any new fans interested in getting into the series. Lucky i got the Xmas bundle a few years ago.

That's my world but it's an easier pill to swollow than the $220 for the same thing that AOA are selling.

I pre-ordered it a while back since some of S2 discs are OOP. My avatar expresses my feelings towards the situation as a new fan.

The original second season sets cost over £100+ about £20 each so £120 in total and then I bought the AoA sets... yeah.
Still considering the AoA boxset but depends if MVMs gives a chipboard box or not.

The original second season sets cost over £100+ about £20 each so £120 in total and then I bought the AoA sets... yeah.
Still considering the AoA boxset but depends if MVMs gives a chipboard box or not.

The AoA sets really do look nice in their chipboard boxes and all the other extras. I would certainly like to jump on them myself but I really don't know how I can justify the cost (Bakemonogatari alone is $150). So I'll just patiently wait for MVM to catch up

Last edited:
I have AoA's bakemono and nisemono. Might perhaps consider parting with it, given that I also have the French ones for them and the jp one for Bakemono. (But not sure I'd go that considerably lower on price.)

I have AoA's bakemono and nisemono. Might perhaps consider parting with it, given that I also have the French ones for them and the jp one for Bakemono. (But not sure I'd go that considerably lower on price.)

Nah that's ok, even at half price it would still be waaay too much. Today I simply learned why people befoul AoA's name around here lol.

Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari were technically released as their own box compared to the second season arcs. It's complicated.

So looking at MVM's page for the series, if I get Bake and Nise, I only need Neko Black, and that's the first season sorted, right? Then there's a couple of other releases after that and those movies they're still releasing? What a headache.

i think i asked a while ago and they said something like it was down to AOA and the levels of their stock, i'll try find the tweet if i can

edit: closest thing i could find was this

hoping for it again this year but not very hopeful on it ever happening again

Maybe I'll just be better off buying the first two main releases separately, then...

So looking at MVM's page for the series, if I get Bake and Nise, I only need Neko Black, and that's the first season sorted, right? Then there's a couple of other releases after that and those movies they're still releasing? What a headache.

Maybe I'll just be better off buying the first two main releases separately, then...

Here is what I use if it is helpful

6gqy1AQaz0AXwlkBaVPMP-ST8fwleVWMLFXAcWkBHOM.jpg

I also think an alternate place to put Kizu is after nise, I really liked the shinobu bath scene being built up more as a mystery rather than a conclusion to kizu. Though while I think it could fit after nise I think it would be best to atleast see it before 2nd season.

If I'm correct, the original Kizumonogatari novels were a prequel to the Bakemonogatari novels, so wouldn't the same apply to the anime adaptations?

For the record, I've never seen any Monogatari series, but I only have the 3 Kizumonogatari films on Blu-ray.

Yeah if I was to rewatch the series I'd put Kizu after Bake like the novel order

Considering that Kizu is the prequel to Bake, wouldn't it make sense to watch Kizu before Bake?

Of course, you don't have to, but I just thought I would ask. Plus, I plan on watching Kizu before getting into the rest of the Monogatari series.

Considering that Kizu is the prequel to Bake, wouldn't it make sense to watch Kizu before Bake?

Of course, you don't have to, but I just thought I would ask. Plus, I plan on watching Kizu before getting into the rest of the Monogatari series.
I don't know it just seems a bit weird to start a prequel before the main series tbh. The whole point of a prequel is that you watch it after kinda like how you watch the Star Wars prequels after the original.

Just strikes me as a weird choice

Back