UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Bakauchuujin

Brigade Leader
I also think an alternate place to put Kizu is after nise, I really liked the shinobu bath scene being built up more as a mystery rather than a conclusion to kizu. Though while I think it could fit after nise I think it would be best to atleast see it before 2nd season.

BlackCondor93

Adventurer
If I'm correct, the original Kizumonogatari novels were a prequel to the Bakemonogatari novels, so wouldn't the same apply to the anime adaptations?

For the record, I've never seen any Monogatari series, but I only have the 3 Kizumonogatari films on Blu-ray.

BlackCondor93

Adventurer
Yeah if I was to rewatch the series I'd put Kizu after Bake like the novel order
Considering that Kizu is the prequel to Bake, wouldn't it make sense to watch Kizu before Bake?

Of course, you don't have to, but I just thought I would ask. Plus, I plan on watching Kizu before getting into the rest of the Monogatari series.

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Considering that Kizu is the prequel to Bake, wouldn't it make sense to watch Kizu before Bake?

Of course, you don't have to, but I just thought I would ask. Plus, I plan on watching Kizu before getting into the rest of the Monogatari series.
I don't know it just seems a bit weird to start a prequel before the main series tbh. The whole point of a prequel is that you watch it after kinda like how you watch the Star Wars prequels after the original.

Just strikes me as a weird choice

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Not saying Kizu doesn't stand well on it's own but if I were to watch the series all in one go Kizu would be after Bake as it's a prequel

BlackCondor93

Adventurer
I don't know it just seems a bit weird to start a prequel before the main series tbh. The whole point of a prequel is that you watch it after kinda like how you watch the Star Wars prequels after the original.

Just strikes me as a weird choice
Some people have watched prequels before the originals to watch in chronological order (Star Wars prequels included (ITV even broadcasts the prequel trilogy before the original trilogy)), but to each their own, I guess.

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
I wouldn't show to films to someone first because they are the most Avant Garde and after those it goes down arty wise. The Books I would suggest it first.

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Some people have watched prequels before the originals to watch in chronological order (Star Wars prequels included (ITV even broadcasts the prequel trilogy before the original trilogy)), but to each their own, I guess.
Yeah watch it how you want. Just seems so odd to me when from a storytelling perspective it's like spoiling everything that comes later in Star Wars case like the Darth Vader reveal which is admittedly a meme at this point but whatever I guess ¯\(ツ)

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
Yeah, definitely saving this. Cheers! So this is all the same continuity and same characters and basically every part is essential, yes?

And let me guess, it's not finished yet, right?
The Final Season is an ending but the Author has continued (Into Araragi's College years now)
Musbimonogatari is also another ending (not animated) and he continued from there too

WMD

Pokémon Master
I've watched them with the release order here in the uk so the Kizu films have ended up mid season 3 (I think) cant say its bothered me. The movies are so self contained that I dont think it matters much. The series has a lot more of characters coming in and out so does make sense to watch in order.

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Yeah I also recommend watching Bake first.

If I'd of watched Kizu first I would of been full on Araragi x Hanekawa and ended up hating Senjougahara. Watching it the proper way I love both of them!
That actually makes sense. Sure has been a while since I watched the series so I'll start a rewatch in the lead up to the second season set.

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
I did not notice that Bakemonogatari is only streaming in SD with an Aniplex watermark I wouldnt recommend those to anyone. I hope one day the BD Versions stream somewhere.

Vincentdante

Thousand Master
Yeah, definitely saving this. Cheers! So this is all the same continuity and same characters and basically every part is essential, yes?

And let me guess, it's not finished yet, right?
The anime's story has technically ended (we are waiting for the BD releases over here though) and that chart is conveniently the full thing but as thedoctor2016 mentioned the LN's are continuing as a sort of sequal. (I believe it has been confirmed the continuation will be animated however)

To answer your other question yes it is all essential, take that as you will.

Last edited: