UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I don't know it just seems a bit weird to start a prequel before the main series tbh. The whole point of a prequel is that you watch it after kinda like how you watch the Star Wars prequels after the original.

Just strikes me as a weird choice

Some people have watched prequels before the originals to watch in chronological order (Star Wars prequels included (ITV even broadcasts the prequel trilogy before the original trilogy)), but to each their own, I guess.

Some people have watched prequels before the originals to watch in chronological order (Star Wars prequels included (ITV even broadcasts the prequel trilogy before the original trilogy)), but to each their own, I guess.
Yeah watch it how you want. Just seems so odd to me when from a storytelling perspective it's like spoiling everything that comes later in Star Wars case like the Darth Vader reveal which is admittedly a meme at this point but whatever I guess ¯\(ツ)

Yeah, definitely saving this. Cheers! So this is all the same continuity and same characters and basically every part is essential, yes?

And let me guess, it's not finished yet, right?
The Final Season is an ending but the Author has continued (Into Araragi's College years now)
Musbimonogatari is also another ending (not animated) and he continued from there too

I've watched them with the release order here in the uk so the Kizu films have ended up mid season 3 (I think) cant say its bothered me. The movies are so self contained that I dont think it matters much. The series has a lot more of characters coming in and out so does make sense to watch in order.

Yeah I also recommend watching Bake first.

If I'd of watched Kizu first I would of been full on Araragi x Hanekawa and ended up hating Senjougahara. Watching it the proper way I love both of them!
That actually makes sense. Sure has been a while since I watched the series so I'll start a rewatch in the lead up to the second season set.

I did not notice that Bakemonogatari is only streaming in SD with an Aniplex watermark I wouldnt recommend those to anyone. I hope one day the BD Versions stream somewhere.

Yeah, definitely saving this. Cheers! So this is all the same continuity and same characters and basically every part is essential, yes?

And let me guess, it's not finished yet, right?

The anime's story has technically ended (we are waiting for the BD releases over here though) and that chart is conveniently the full thing but as thedoctor2016 mentioned the LN's are continuing as a sort of sequal. (I believe it has been confirmed the continuation will be animated however)

To answer your other question yes it is all essential, take that as you will.

Last edited:
I have not bought any of the Gatari anime.
For me a good jumping on point is the season 2 box to be released by MVM to get half the series in one fell swoop. I hope a season 1 box will be released on a later date. The Japanese don't even have a season 1 box, if I am not mistaken, and it's not like Aniplex to miss an oppotunity to make money, so I think there is a very good chance a season 1 box will happen down the line.
I am wondering why a season 1 box hasn't even hit the streets in Japan yet though?

I don’t think we will get a final season box tbh. Second season was produced as one season of the show none of the other shows are. Tbh Bakemonogatari is quite different from Nisemonogatari different director among other thing.

As for me, I bought the second Kizu movie's CE off Anime On Line, because I couldn't find stock on Amazon and as soon as I get paid I'll buy the other two Kizu CEs and Bake to get me started on this collection.

Back