UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I think AoA ****** up by not putting in cinemas and I don’t think they can stream it so god knows. I assume it will be Koyomimonogatari and get a BD release some random time.

As with most of MVM's releases, it's a case of finding some personal nuggets of gold amongst the mud. In this case I'll almost certainly buy Revue Starlight and O Maidens In Your Savage Season, the latter being one of the few Mari Okada properties where the writing sensibilities and themes actually gel with me,

I might hold out on Bloom into You and snap up the lovely Sentai collector's edition when they have one of their ridiculous sales. I guess it depends how much I can find the standard edition for over here.

And as ever, the lack of Monogatari tv news is buck-wild to me. I don't even care that much about Koyomi or Zoku, but the refusal to allow for Owari part 3, which for all intensive purposes is the emotional conclusion to the series as it currently stands, seems really bizarre and even sinister. It's like AoA have allowed the show to be licensed up to this point, only to refuse letting it be completed. No idea if that's a very strange late-game reverse-import move, but it absolutely sucks.

Zoku is actually the conclusion well it’s a conclusion for Araragi. It is quite divisive compared to Owarimonogatari part 3. I also think AoA are protective of it because it’s their biggest seller or one of as they get away with selling sub only 7 eps for $80.

Last edited:
I was wondering earlier if it was worth importing since they are region free according to the other thread but then I saw those prices. Wow Monogatari was pretty expensive here I thought but that takes the cake.

I was wondering earlier if it was worth importing since they are region free according to the other thread but then I saw those prices. Wow Monogatari was pretty expensive here I thought but that takes the cake.
Yeah the Monogatari arcs are expensive but at least they are getting BD-Box treatment after a few years which is a surprise. Not cheap but good for shelves.

I agree the sets look lovely but... $150 for Bakemonogatari on it's own is intensley hard to justify.
MVM mentioned something about a potential Bake & Nise box set so I'm wondering if Aniplex may offer a Monogatari series: First Season BD-Box (basically covering all 16 eps of Bake, all 11 eps of Nise and all 4 eps of Neko Black).

MVM mentioned something about a potential Bake & Nise box set so I'm wondering if Aniplex may offer a Monogatari series: First Season BD-Box (basically covering all 16 eps of Bake, all 11 eps of Nise and all 4 eps of Neko Black).

That is cool, I'm a fan of the Bake > Kizu > Nise order that is the LN release order so I might pass on it but I will wait and see what it looks like.

After reading down through the monogatari discussion here, I just now ordered Owarimonogatari 3, along with the Irregular At Magic High Movie, and I Want to Eat Your Pancreas Blu-rays from Aniplex of America. Owari 3 was the only monogatari set I still needed to buy; My last monogatari purchase from AoA was for Owari 1 & 2 and Koyomi back in March, so I'm all caught up now.

Last edited:
It is happening. MVM announced it a couple of months ago. Sometime in december right?

Yup. I'm extremely interested in this series, but I've no idea as to the order, and I don't feel like buying 30 different releases, so these season boxes are ideal for me. I just don't get why they're starting with the second season. Unless I just can't find info on the first season box?

Yup. I'm extremely interested in this series, but I've no idea as to the order, and I don't feel like buying 30 different releases, so these season boxes are ideal for me. I just don't get why they're starting with the second season. Unless I just can't find info on the first season box?
Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari were technically released as their own box compared to the second season arcs. It's complicated.

i think i asked a while ago and they said something like it was down to AOA and the levels of their stock, i'll try find the tweet if i can

edit: closest thing i could find was this

£84 for 28 episodes? I really dont envy any new fans interested in getting into the series. Lucky i got the Xmas bundle a few years ago.

hoping for it again this year but not very hopeful on it ever happening again

Last edited:
Back