UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I guess it is technically a Funimation release, but their logo was nowhere to be seen on the packaging. The Anime Ltd release, while matching the French set, does use Funimation's master.

Funnily enough, Lucky Star was one of the titles culled in April, but just like Grimgar, the Funimation logo was nowhere to be seen on the packaging (at least, on the Standard Edition, I don't know about the Collector's Edition) or the discs, yet the Funimation discs were used (they were Region AB compatiable, in this case).

Funnily enough, Lucky Star was one of the titles culled in April, but just like Grimgar, the Funimation logo was nowhere to be seen on the packaging (at least, on the Standard Edition, I don't know about the Collector's Edition) or the discs, yet the Funimation discs were used (they were Region AB compatiable, in this case).
I guess Lucky Star makes sense as a Funi title due to the previous licenses being under Beez & Bandai, but the show isn't streaming for the UK on Funimation Now nor was it made available for the UK when it was added onto Crunchyroll (whereas Grimgar was).

I guess Lucky Star makes sense as a Funi title due to the previous licenses being under Beez & Bandai, but the show isn't streaming for the UK on Funimation Now nor was it made available for the UK when it was added onto Crunchyroll (whereas Grimgar was).

I'm usually under the impression that titles that aren't available for streaming in the UK and Ireland meant Funimation don't have UK and Ireland rights for those particular titles, but I guess I've been proven wrong.

"The series is now 40 years old and is as beloved as ever."

Looks at recent news story where Sunrise/Bandai execs complain Gundam is flatlining with new audiences

wzPwjyh.jpg

Just to lay my cards on the table- I would love if we got Tomino as a guest in October but appreciate as a company they are AllTheAnime, not AllTheGundam and speaking as press I'd be intimidated to interview him.

I'm also aware that given what might be happening to us as a country in late October, there might be multiple risks to AL inviting such a high profile guest to visit the UK at that time.

Back