[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

That means, if the pattern of the last few seasons continues, it be on HiDive and then 2/3 episodes in it'll be on Crunchyroll as well. Damn!

I read sentai stuff with another angle.

I’m like “oh nice, MVM might get it and at worse it will be geolocked and import friendly anyway”.

O Maidens may look moe, but it's dramedy about high school girls talking about sex by Mari Okada.

I wouldn't even recommend anything with comedy to GWG (even comedy dramas), as he hates comedy.

Me on the other hand, well, that's on my watch list for the summer season.

Edit: I realised I used "GTG" instead of "GWG" by mistake. My apologies. Post edited to correct this.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even recommend anything with comedy to GTG (even comedy dramas), as he hates comedy.

Me on the other hand, well, that's on my watch list for the summer season.
Yeah, but it's not going to be CGDCT type comedy if Hisone and Masotan is anything to go by.

Never judge a book by it's cover. I believe he missed at on Girls' Last Tour just because of the designs! Although did get Made in Abyss IIRC, so exceptions are made.

Looking at the conversation, I believe GWG was actually referring to the ReStage key art and not O Maidens.
Yeah. I took "They" to mean both shows posted about.
Re:Stage does sound like an idol show, so would be way down on my list, but I wouldn't let design put me off watching anything.
I know that anything "High School" is normally a no-no as well! But O Maidens sounds different enough to be worth a try at least.

Looking at the conversation, I believe GWG was actually referring to the ReStage key art and not O Maidens.

Yes, I was referring to ReStage. The "They" I referred to is me just repeating the "They" in TiagoCosta's post before it. The O Maidens artwork is not really what I would consider moe - it's a more realistic looking anime style. But yeah, I do try to avoid comedy series unless the drama is much more prevalent. I also tend to shy away from anime in a high school setting, although there's plenty of those I do like. Girls Last Tour I watched about 3 episodes and just did not find it of any interest at all, so I dropped it.

Last edited:
Madman (and Funimation AU) has released their October 2019 release slate:
Madman B2B » Catalogue » Animation
Madman:
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 1 (Eps 1-12)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 1 (Eps 1-12) (Blu-ray)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 1 (Eps 1-12) DVD/Blu-ray Combo (Limited Edition)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 2 (Eps 14-26 + OVA) (Blu-ray)
Concrete Revolutio Complete Series (Eps 1-24) (Blu-ray)
Dragon Ball Super Collection 2
Dragon Ball Super Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
Hellsing Ultimate Complete Collection (Limited Edition)
Hellsing Ultimate Complete Collection (Limited Edition) Blu-ray
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Set 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Eps 1-20) (Blu-ray)
Makoto Shinkai Classics: Voices of a Distant Star / 5 Centimetres per Second (Blu-ray)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 35th Anniversary Ltd Edition (Blu-ray & DVD Combo with Artbook)
Penguin Highway (Blu-ray)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Season 5) Part 1 (Eps 167-183)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Season 5) Part 1 (Eps 167-183) (Blu-ray)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Season 5) Part 1 (Eps 167-183) Limited Edition
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Season 5) Part 1 (Eps 167-183) Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
Steins;Gate 0 - Part 2 (Eps 13-23 + OVA)
Steins;Gate 0 - Part 2 (Eps 13-23 + OVA) (Blu-ray)
The Place Promised in Our Early Days (Blu-ray)

Funimation AU:
Space Battleship Tiramisu Zwei Complete Season 2 (Blu-Ray)

Back