UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Can anyone tell me if the Funimation prices are going up in the UK? All information I can find is about the uk.

And they do offer mutiple-month discounts like Crunchy Roll (3-Months is cheaper than doing separately)

Can anyone tell me if the Funimation prices are going up in the UK? All information I can find is about the uk.

And they do offer mutiple-month discounts like Crunchy Roll (3-Months is cheaper than doing separately)
There are no price increases planned that I’m aware of for the UK currently :) as for pricing of subscription I do not believe there is a 3 month option though I could be wrong, looking at the site I can see 3 options,
Option 1: basic free
Option 2: premium £4.99
Option 3: yearly premium £49.99

There are no price increases planned that I’m aware of for the UK currently :) as for pricing of subscription I do not believe there is a 3 month option though I could be wrong, looking at the site I can see 3 options,
Option 1: basic free
Option 2: premium £4.99
Option 3: yearly premium £49.99

Apologies if this has already been posted but if you’re on Amazon Prime, there’s an offer running until 29th to get the Funimation Now channel half price (£2.49) for 3 months.

The downside of Prime Channels is that I don’t think you get a separate Funimation login (so have to watch it through Prime) but if you already invested in the Amazon ecosystem you can save yourself a couple of pennies...

Apologies if this has already been posted but if you’re on Amazon Prime, there’s an offer running until 29th to get the Funimation Now channel half price (£2.49) for 3 months.

The downside of Prime Channels is that I don’t think you get a separate Funimation login (so have to watch it through Prime) but if you already invested in the Amazon ecosystem you can save yourself a couple of pennies...
That’s interesting, do you have a link?

Might be a stupid question but on the Funimation Now channel on amazon, does it get the simulcast?
!
Not when I trialled it. Unless its changed now? I really don't get the point of it unless they sort that outvunlesscyou're really desperate for a better video player.

I sort of hope Funi buying Manga UK means we'll get more Funi titles here also i guess this is why they pulled those Funi titles from Anime Limited? and hopefully they'll get released again under this buy out

Edit : Either Way this is gonna be super weird

I sort of hope Funi buying Manga UK means we'll get more Funi titles here also i guess this is why they pulled those Funi titles from Anime Limited? and hopefully they'll get released again under this buy out

Even if not, those Funi releases were pretty much table scraps. It'd be no big loss. I'm hoping we start to get the more niche titles that Australia seemed to grab in light of their buyout.

There buy out was by Aniplex which is a different branch of Sony.
No idea why madman do seem to be releasing every FUNi title not many people were crying out for Chaos Child

Last edited:
I'm wondering who would release Viz Media titles here then cause Kaze UK is dead here and i can't see them going to Manga UK now Funi owns them though i'm sure the current Manga Uk licenses will go on as usual?

I'm wondering who would release Viz Media titles here then cause Kaze UK is dead here and i can't see them going to Manga UK now Funi owns them though i'm sure the current Manga Uk licenses will go on as usual?
AL got Castlevania and Megalobox so i'd assume them

Back