UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

They put the release dates back then funimation gave mangauk some of there releases. Its just speculation but my instincts told me something was up.
I could be wrong but they've been put back again.

Well I messaged anime limited in Jan as I did not want to pre order titles they kept pushing the release date back.
They didn't reply back which pretty much told me they weren't coming out.
Obviously something has happened, but until they give us an explanation I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

So all those Funi titles they have on there site now, which were surprisingly announced at a recent Comic-Con, are not actually going to be released? Not that I would miss those ones anyways haha.

I love the quality of (most) AL releases, but at the moment, they seem to be really dry on what they can release apart from a handful of newer acquired licenses, standard re-issues of past timed collector's exclusives, and a few releases of much older titles.

If memory serves me correctly, the only newish Funi / Crunchyroll titles they have in the pipeline that I know of are:
  • Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory (Complete Series)
  • Tokyo Ghoul: re (S1 & 2)
  • Re:Zero (Part 2)
  • Violet Evergarden (Complete Series)
Going on a tangent away from Funi, I believe these should also be coming from AL, which have not yet appeared on their site listings, but were announced ages ago:
  • Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
  • Revolutionary Girl: Utena (Complete Series)
  • Cyber City Oedo 808
In regards to other Funi titles, perhaps Manga UK have got more in the pipeline for this year? Personally I would personally like to have the following, although I could potentially import them from Amazon US and do know they are Region B compatible; however, I do like to support UK distributors as much as I can unless I have to have something sooner from AUS:
  • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (Complete Series)
  • Tales of Zestiria: The X (Complete Series - Blu Ray only)
  • Tales of the Abyss (Complete Series)

If memory serves me correctly, the only newish Funi / Crunchyroll titles they have in the pipeline that I know of are:
Isn't Violet Evergarden and Tokyo Ghoul:re licensed directly from Japan and not via CR/Funi?

Isn't Violet Evergarden and Tokyo Ghoul:re licensed directly from Japan and not via CR/Funi?

I do recall that yes, please forgive. I do wonder if they will use Funi master discs as per many past releases for those titles you mentioned? I am trying to remember if the past Tokyo Ghoul discs were authored by AL. Like, I know they licensed FMP: Invisible Victory from Japan, but then Funi are due to very shortly release their Blu Ray of that.

I keep forgetting about TG: re. I wonder if they’ll even bother doing LEs for them (knowing me I’ll buy them anyway.)

I can't see either Zodiac War or Tales from the Abyss getting a release over here. Manga seem to be cherry picking the bigger titles. They should release Tanya

Dear customer

Unfortunately for reasons unknown, Funimation have decided to no longer release Dagashi Kashi on DVD or BD.

This order will refunded and cancelled.

Regards

www.anime-on-line.com

I'm honestly surprised AL have been stone cold silent on these. Wouldn't surprise me if there was licensing shenanigans going on and it would explain why AL now have a "quiet" Q1 if they are now not being allowed to release these titles. Not that it surprises me on the Funi side though, they've always seemed like they either don't care about or don't understand the UK home video market.

I'm hoping the Manga deal can offer a bit more stability in their licenses trickling through. I'm more tempted to just importing Funi titles I want where I can now though. Been looking at Citrus and I'm like that's going to be a hard sell over here anyway.

So all those Funi titles they have on there site now, which were surprisingly announced at a recent Comic-Con, are not actually going to be released? Not that I would miss those ones anyways haha.

I love the quality of (most) AL releases, but at the moment, they seem to be really dry on what they can release apart from a handful of newer acquired licenses, standard re-issues of past timed collector's exclusives, and a few releases of much older titles.

Going on a tangent away from Funi, I believe these should also be coming from AL, which have not yet appeared on their site listings, but were announced ages ago:
  • Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
  • Revolutionary Girl: Utena (Complete Series)
  • Cyber City Oedo 808
In regards to other Funi titles, perhaps Manga UK have got more in the pipeline for this year? Personally I would personally like to have the following, although I could potentially import them from Amazon US and do know they are Region B compatible; however, I do like to support UK distributors as much as I can unless I have to have something sooner from AUS:
  • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (Complete Series)
  • Tales of Zestiria: The X (Complete Series - Blu Ray only)
  • Tales of the Abyss (Complete Series)
tales of the abyss is region A only, otherwise I would of picked up a copy from my funimation friend already.

As for Juni Taisen: Zodiac War and Tales of Zestiria I already have them :)

tales of the abyss is region A only, otherwise I would of picked up a copy from my funimation friend already.

As for Juni Taisen: Zodiac War and Tales of Zestiria I already have them :)

Oh I remember reading last year that Abyss was Region B! At least I know now it is A, although my Jap PS3 can play those! But still, I dislike the fact it has the DVDs included as I normally find that each time I import a US Funimation product with DVDs, they tend to be scratched really badly!

I though that the 'Tales Of' Animes would be feasible releases in the UK what with the games usually selling well here.

I don’t As the anime’s suck... and Tales of the Abyss is only out here as that 3DS port.
Symphonia is still my favourite adaption. Abyss is alright but not great yet

Is anybody else using FunimationNow through Amazon Prime?
I don't know if it's just me but it's a massive s#!tshow. Not even half the shows that are on the full Funi app and it's hardly ever updated (No simuldubs) and when they do update it things go from bad to worse!!
Today they updated it and added a number of shows. Conception, might have poo reviews so luckily they've only added episode 3 and none of the rest of the series...
Also added are Magical Index S3, Goblin Slayer, RErideD, Kino's Journey and Concrete Revolutio S2 but clicking on any of them just brings up an Amazon error message.
Oh and if you want to watch Recovery of an MMO Junkie don't pay too much attention to the story as they don't have episodes 4 and 6 out of the 12!!! FFS.

Several titles have been added to the FunimationNow channel on Amazon from their catalogue in both Japanese and English audio (amazon list each series separately if its dual audio)

Back