The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

There's a trilogy of films called Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System that have only just finished releasing in Japan.
Just had a dig through the MAL comments section for the first one:
Definately not a sequel since some characters who died on previous seasons appear and also not a prequel either since all the team is together. As others previously mentioned is more of a side story, set in the same world but not connected to the main story line.
So sounds like an alternative side story, although the synopsis of the third one sounds like it follows on from the original movie.

Who bets characters or events introduced in these “side stories” pop up. Always happens when people say but it’s a side story (Free and TYM springs to mind yes it’s side story OVAs but fills in blanks in s3)

Last edited:
Arrow have announced their May releases, including:

d7e758c6-3d17-4b22-b041-abf0be62231e.jpg

Quite a bizarre choice for Arrow to restore themselves, and disappointing that Angel's Egg isn't at least being released alongside it. This is merely a poor homage.

Further to this, Arrow confirmed yesterday that for Angel's Egg they "tried but couldn't make it happen."

I for one am extremely excited by this news, having just rewatched both seasons recently, and loved it as much as I did the first time.

Is it available streaming in the UK? It's one I've meant to watch at some point :(
Couldn't see it on Crunchyroll or Hidive
It was caught up by the TBS deal with Anime on Demand UK so it never got proper streaming treatment. Seasons 1 & 2 did make their way over to Animax UK before they expired. Sentai Filmworks only have US & Canada rights.

That a title I'd like to see dusunt some one have the license to Angels egg in the us.

I have no idea what's preventing a release. Certainly it was once rights issues, but what rights issues is unknown. I had put it down to the existence of In the Aftermath, so presumed that it would be fine if the same company licensed/released them both but if Arrow tried and failed then that would suggest not. Of course, whoever owns it could also be asking a ridiculous price or something along those lines...

It's certainly one of the finest anime features ever made, and its total lack of a subtitled release is a darn shame. It isn't dialogue heavy, so one could get by with the unsubtitled Japanese release but what dialogue there is is important. And it deserves a release with all mod-cons.

I have no idea what's preventing a release. Certainly it was once rights issues, but what rights issues is unknown. I had put it down to the existence of In the Aftermath, so presumed that it would be fine if the same company licensed/released them both but if Arrow tried and failed then that would suggest not. Of course, whoever owns it could also be asking a ridiculous price or something along those lines...

It's certainly one of the finest anime features ever made, and its total lack of a subtitled release is a darn shame. It isn't dialogue heavy, so one could get by with the unsubtitled Japanese release but what dialogue there is is important. And it deserves a release with all mod-cons.
Like dawn of the dead the owner wanted a ridiculous price and second sight got the license for it and its getting a 4K release with all cuts of the film some time this year and I will definitely get it.

More Oregairu was a matter of time, my doubt was how it would happen, either movie or tv series.

I take TV series over movie any day, so I'm happy.

Back