UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

JRPictures said:
Sly Ip of Madman confirmed via the company's Madboard forums that their Re:Zero release is using new masters.

Madman Entertainment :: View topic - Madman April 2019 releases
The re:zero release will be based on a new master we've been told.

Madman Entertainment :: View topic - Why is Madman releasing Funimation/US branded titles?
We will be releasing it with a new master that is correct.
Madman Ent. licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - Fandom Post Forums

Despite me being the guy who was extremely vocal about the atrocious encoding by FAILimation, and me not liking AL waiting to do a higher quality release (my opinion, from a foreigner’s perspective)... I hate Re:Zero. Didn’t like it at all.

That being said... I might actually buy Madman’s discs to support them for going to such ends as to make a better release.

Would they change the discs like the did with persona 3 movie 2?

Cause no matter how I look at it, it’s a legit broken release.

I don’t have the P3 movies, but they changed discs? (All I know is that the first film is a Justin Sevakis encode)

But yeah. Re:Zero might be the worst anime Blu ever released considering the time (2018 as opposed to like 2006), and fanbase.

I don’t have the P3 movies, but they changed discs? (All I know is that the first film is a Justin Sevakis encode)

But yeah. Re:Zero might be the worst anime Blu ever released considering the time (2018 as opposed to like 2006), and fanbase.

They did, it was a problem with the audio. So when did reprint fixing it for the SE, we just had to email them to sent it to us.

they may not call it defective as it was the source given to them by the licensor.

Part of me thinks that’s BS on FUNi’s part. Sure, White Fox in particular give not-so-great masters, even to the JP Publisher simply because of how they produce and composite their shows. However, I read that Re:Zero was one of the few exceptions.

Kadokawa hasn’t sabotaged Western distributors in years, and all FUNi said was “we used what we were given”, which means jack **** because it doesn’t confirm or deny anything. For all we could’ve known, they used the perfect JP masters, and f**ked up in compression, thus by saying they used what they were given, they look less evil for their mistakes.

Jeremy said:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Good afternoon.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I hope all is well.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You're receiving this message as you have placed an order at AllTheAnime.com for the Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition set.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We wanted to take a few moments to update on the status of your order for this. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]First of all, we're happy to confirm that after the delays in December the stock has now arrived in the UK! At current timings we've been informed that orders for this are expected to ship next week (during week commencing 14th January 2019.)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Once your order has shipped you will an email dispatch notification. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If you have any queries about your order please respond to this message (including your order number) and we'll help as best we can.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We really appreciate you patience and understanding with this. I hope this information helps and have a nice day.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Kind regards,

Jeremy Graves
[/FONT]
Marketing Executive, All The Anime / Anime Ltd.

An email update

That's the same company who did Steins;Gate which has the same banding problem on the Manga Blu-ray release.

Animation studio. I know, I’m no pleb. Hell, I even said, “White Fox in particular give not-so-great masters” because of that- in that Japan also had S;G with banding, though nowhere near the trainwreck that is FAILimation’s BD (to which Manga used as a 1:1 clone).

Re:Zero has none of those issues- either WF fixed their compositing, or the compressionist on the JP BDs manually debanded it. I lean towards the latter, as S;G 0 has banding to a similar level of the first series.

Defensive much! Just providing another example!

0 did indeed have the same, but Goblin Slayer not so much IIRC.
Sorry about that. I guess I went a little out of hand.

So I’m guessing that it depends on the staff. JP Re:Zero has none, and you say Goblin Slayer doesn’t (haven’t seen it, so I can’t say), so I guess it’s just either a directorial thing, or something. But the S;G movie JP BD has none at all, so I guess it’s a crapshoot.

Back