Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

It’s really saddening. If HMV and Fopp close I’ll have little reason to visit Central London anymore. Shame as I spent £60 in Fopp yesterday too. HMVPure being down isn’t helpful either. Here’s hoping the websites come back online sooner rather than later.

typical when i was close to a £50 voucher hopefully can at least get a £20 if the purepoints site comes back
Yeah I’m close to if not at a £20 voucher now (I can’t even check to confirm) so I do hope they sort whatever issues the site has.

The selection of anime in my closet one isn't great, good Cardiffs is better most new CEs were in it before Christmas. But with AL EBs and the like im not surprised they don't sell.

I only have some steelbook pre-orders open with HMV - so if they do really disappear this time around those will just be moved to different retailers (HMV have exclusive arrangements with Sony for things such as this at the moment).

Guess I'm the first here who bought used Anime DVDs via Awesome Books?

While buying cheap second hand Anime is always a kind of gamble, Awesome Books added some extra thrill by using a plastic bag (and not a bubble mailer nor cardboard) for shipping.

I've departed on a one-man crusade to try and get HMV to stop using those horrible security tags that ruin boxed sets by the wires that secure them digging into them. Hopefully they'll see reason since they presumably want to sell these products, rather than having them sit on shelves unsold because they've been damaged by their own security devices.

Anyone experiencing delays with UP1 orders in the post this week? or recently?

I had two orders shipped on Tuesday Afternoon, the latest I would normally expect them to arrive would be Thursday. But now it's Friday and they still aren't here. hoping they will turn up tomorrow. Could be because of the Bank Holiday as well as the obvious.

Anyone experiencing delays with UP1 orders in the post this week? or recently?

I had two orders shipped on Tuesday Afternoon, the latest I would normally expect them to arrive would be Thursday. But now it's Friday and they still aren't here. hoping they will turn up tomorrow. Could be because of the Bank Holiday as well as the obvious.
I had an order ship on Tuesday that only arrived today. I think royal mail is being a bit slow at the moment. I've noticed it with some other stuff as well.

I had an order ship on Tuesday that only arrived today. I think royal mail is being a bit slow at the moment. I've noticed it with some other stuff as well.
Royal Mail is a bit random. Sometimes they get through a 1st class package pretty quickly but in other cases it would be 2-3 days later.

At least it ain't Amazon where a Prime order went to Hermes rather than Amazon Logistics.

Well I'm still waiting on some orders from Australia and the USA

Also I've noticed the UK's usually 2-5 day is turning into a 7 day wait which is to be expected.
Especially since I've had a different postman every day this week

^Pretty much that as I has an item (not from UP1, but was sent by royal mail) dispatched on Tuesday, and I only just got the red card of you need to collect this from the sorting office as nobody answered when we knocked today which pretty much means that royal mail is in slower then normal mode.

^Pretty much that as I has an item (not from UP1, but was sent by royal mail) dispatched on Tuesday, and I only just got the red card of you need to collect this from the sorting office as nobody answered when we knocked today which pretty much means that royal mail is in slower then normal mode.
Well be glad there not just leaving it at the door which they have done twice at mine now without knocking.
Thank god I have a side door that bangs so I know when the post has been. Yet I would hate to think what they will do if I wasn't out walking the dog or gone shopping.

Back