[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Yeah Madman delisted Free! Season 1, BBB&B, Seven Deadly Sins, Hyouka a few days ago.

They also changed some of the releases from Combo to Blu-ray only (Dragon Maid, Interviews with Monster Girls), and changed those catalogue numbers and barcodes to Australian ones. They also released images for Mob Psycho 100 and Kabaneri, which look like they printed out stickers for classification and stuck them onto Funimation's releases.

I'm planning to watch Ace of Diamond next year, HUGE fan of Big Windup and Baseball Anime in general. Been meaning to get to it for along time. I guess the addition of another series is as big an incentive as any.

Though I won't lie, seeing a series that already has 150 episodes get yet more when my beloved Big Windup still sits at just 39 eps makes me sad.

i also need to watch as I love other sports anime like kuroko's baskeball, Haikyuu, YowaPedal etc. But the 100+ count made me hold back guess now its only gonna increase in number I should start soon

I’ve also been diving into more sports anime/manga over the past year and have Big Windup! And Ace of the Diamond in my streaming backlog. Should get around to watching them really.

I’ve also been diving into more sports anime/manga over the past year and have Big Windup! And Ace of the Diamond in my streaming backlog. Should get around to watching them really.
I've watched a fair few this year, but Baseball can do one as I find the actual sport boring. I wouldn't watch stuff from sports I like or know a fair bit about because sports shows never get the drama of the actual sport right most of the time. Or it just doesn't feel right, for example one of the niggles I had with Megalo Box was the lack of realism with the Boxing. Joe wouldn't have got that far due to severe brain damage from the amount of hits he took from people with cybernetic arms! So that would rule out football especially (I don't think there would ever be one about the NFL).
But sports that I'm indifferent to or don't too much about would be OK. I've seen Swimming, Badminton, Beach Volleyball, Archery and Sumo this year.

I've watched a fair few this year, but Baseball can do one as I find the actual sport boring. I wouldn't watch stuff from sports I like or know a fair bit about because sports shows never get the drama of the actual sport right most of the time. Or it just doesn't feel right, for example one of the niggles I had with Megalo Box was the lack of realism with the Boxing. Joe wouldn't have got that far due to severe brain damage from the amount of hits he took from people with cybernetic arms! So that would rule out football especially (I don't think there would ever be one about the NFL).
But sports that I'm indifferent to or don't too much about would be OK. I've seen Swimming, Badminton, Beach Volleyball, Archery and Sumo this year.
Eyeshield 21 - Wikipedia
Here’s the NFL one 😜

I gave up on Hinomaru Sumo and opted for the manga instead. The anime skips so much that battles and events feel less meaningful as a result.
The Yowamushi Pedal franchise has been a highlight for me this year in terms of sports anime.

I gave up on Hinomaru Sumo and opted for the manga instead. The anime skips so much that battles and events feel less meaningful as a result.
The Yowamushi Pedal franchise has been a highlight for me this year in terms of sports anime.
I don't mind them cutting stuff as long as the anime flows well and you're not left with questions. I've found Sumo good for this unlike Karakuri Circus and let's not mention Tokyo Ghoul!

Well I never! 🙂

I don't mind them cutting stuff as long as the anime flows well and you're not left with questions. I've found Sumo good for this unlike Karakuri Circus and let's not mention Tokyo Ghoul!

Well I never! 🙂
I suppose for some it’s fine but now I’ve read the manga I’m not sure I could see the anime as a good adaptation. Maybe for me it’d be a Tokyo Ghoul: re Season 2 situation where I accept it’s not a faithful adaptation and just appreciate when stuff I liked turns up (at this stage that’s all I can do with re, though I am sort of looking forward to Tuesday so I can see 143/144/145 in action.)

Back