[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Assuming the Animeism deal will end as well, I suppose that'll be one less service I have to pay for since I never use any of the other Prime services. Still kinda sucks though, Amazon actually got these shows worldwide as opposed to them being split up amongst local services that don't even operate in the Netherlands.

The Animeism deal started a bit later so may last longer. As this means the Amazon deal with Noitamina ended after 2 years (Well if ended at all as it could just be AoJ and Ikuhara's show could be amazon) As Fuji TV also have signed that deal with netflix for Plus Ultra block.

When I was in Japan in August, there was very little on Amazon Prime but Netflix looked to contain the majority of Crunchyrolls catalogue at the time. I think Amazon are still finding their feet in Japan.

Assuming the Animeism deal will end as well, I suppose that'll be one less service I have to pay for since I never use any of the other Prime services. Still kinda sucks though, Amazon actually got these shows worldwide as opposed to them being split up amongst local services that don't even operate in the Netherlands.
While we could lose Noitamina, we also have the Twin Engine deal which covers a few titles like Dororo and Vinland Saga.

Don't trust ANN too much when it concerne other than US/english speaking news.
Wakanim (europe) NEVER got any "Amazon/FujiTV deal" series, not a single one.
So it's bull*hit.
The deal between Amazon/FujiTV is scheduled to end on January 2019, that why others distributors like Wkanim can licence the show.

And lol, they edited the news, it don't show the "anime that are exclusive to Amazon Prime in other regions are usually on Wakanim in France." anymore

Don't trust ANN too much when it concerne other than US/english speaking news.
Wakanim (europe) NEVER got any "Amazon/FujiTV deal" series, not a single one.
So it's bull*hit.
The deal between Amazon/FujiTV is scheduled to end on January 2019, that why others distributors like Wkanim can licence the show.
If CR gets it ill make note, but Fuji did sign with netflix for Plus so I assume will sign another deal with someone

Sadly looks like Madman isnt releasing Free! S1 all mention has been removed from its site
And we know what is in there LE of Chuuni film
DVD Special Features
  • Special Limited Edition Packaging
  • Randomly Selected Film Cel
  • Randomly Selected Character Coaster
  • Clean Opening and Closing Animations
  • Japanese Promo Videos
  • Kotatsu Photo Session Shorts

Back