The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Decided to get the Sailor Moon S Madman Blu Ray from JB Hi Fi. Threw in Adventure Time Season 7 Blu Ray since it was free and saved me spending £20 odd on it elsewhere.

Quite the underrated series, and one of the earlier anime I picked up on Blu Ray.
Nice. I've liked sound of it from the blurb on the back for years, so @Scrambled Valkyrie's recommendation was the final straw! ;)

It sounds like something that'll really draw you into its world, and I like the look of the unusual art style. Props to Madhouse once again.

I'm looking forward to watching it, so it might just jump to the front of the queue. :)

Time for a bit of a recap since I forgot to post this before lol.

7glaw5C.jpg

Lupin the Third Part IV: The Italian Adventure: Complete Series (Japanese Version) (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
Just before the deal had ended on 17th June I finally placed an order for this version of the series. I actually hesitated a bit due to the translation not going to be the same as Discotek's (because Discotek had to push their release back due to issues with their subtitles provided). I've watched the series before and I like the packaging so I went with the offer, plus I'll be able to get the dub for £10 when it's available.

And now for last night.

zoMkCeh.png

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (Collector's Edition Combo Pack)
I ran out of funds thanks to Lupin (which is expected to be 95% paid off in a few days anyway) but considering this film supposedly did well in EB orders and how it's shop exclusive I didn't want to pass on the offer so I took a risk and got it now when I could.

So to round-up, here are my plans regarding AL's titles from May-June:
  • Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry - Not caught up with the series (only watched the first 60 episodes) so I'll have to pass on this one.
  • Hyouka Part 2 - It's a second part to a series released months ago. I'm in no rush to be honest.
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1 - Pre-ordered via Early Bird!
  • Lupin the Third Part IV: The Italian Adventure (Japanese Version) - Pre-ordered via Early Bird!
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin I-IV: Chronicle of Char and Sayla - This one I did intend on pre-ordering however it was a £2 difference so I decided not to bother. Gundam doesn't sell out so there's still time to pick it up.
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl - If the retail prices can end up being similar to the other film CEs then I don't mind waiting out since it would be a £3 difference.
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Part 1 - This one will sell out as fast as Tokyo Ghoul let's be honest. I aim to include this as part of my Birthday haul. I am aware of the video quality not being great but there's nothing you can do about it, blame Funimation.
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- - The UK gets a unique release and will likely attract importers, I'm going to see if I can get this one as soon as I can.
  • Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale- - Currently no word on the video quality for this release so I had intended on just going after the Aniplex version, however AL's booklet is nice looking. There's hope to include this in the Birthday haul but after that it'll sell out.
  • Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - Pre-ordered via Early Bird!

Nice. I've liked sound of it from the blurb on the back for years, so @Scrambled Valkyrie's recommendation was the final straw! ;)

It sounds like something that'll really draw you into its world, and I like the look of the unusual art style. Props to Madhouse once again.

I'm looking forward to watching it, so it might just jump to the front of the queue. :)

I also wrote a review of it for my blog. There are no big spoilers. If you do enjoy the article though, perhaps you might like to check out my entire Casshern retrospective on the original 1973 show, the 1993 OVA and the movie as well! (If you've got the time that is!)

Casshern Retrospective Part 4: CASSHERN SINS (2008)
Casshern Retrospective Part 3: CASSHERN (2004)
Casshern Retrospective Part 2: CASSHERN ROBOT HUNTER (1993) Anime Review
NEO HUMAN CASSHERN (1973) Anime Review

Back