UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The re-authored replacement Your Name discs are still in the deepest, darkest Limbo... I'm waiting for two of them, for the CE and the Steelbook.

The replacement inserts for the Escaflowne UE I thought were soon coming to fruition, but as my copy had arrived OK, I hadn't requested one of those - although, if it is more ruggedly constructed than the original, I would probably want to get one anyway, knowing the original is very poor at supporting the weight of the internals when stored vertically on a shelf. I haven't actually checked mine since I put it in my media shelf; for the longest time, I was storing it flat inside a box with other anime until I built a new media shelf deep enough to put it on, so there was no weight stress on the insert to weaken it.

Last edited:
The re-authored replacement Your Name discs are still in the deepest, darkest Limbo... I'm waiting for two of them, for the CE and the Steelbook.

The replacement inserts for the Escaflowne UE I thought were soon coming to fruition, but as my copy had arrived OK, I hadn't requested one of those - although, if it is more ruggedly constructed than the original, I would probably want to get one anyway, knowing the original is very poor at supporting the weight of the internals when stored vertically on a shelf. I haven't actually checked mine since I put it in my media shelf.
According to someone who spoke to AL should be within 2 months and AL and madman are working together and Andy H has checked them first pass at least

Man seeing that Re:Zero is worse than a stream is depressing tbh. I mean I'm in two minds whether to buy it or not as while I liked some parts of the show I think as a whole it wasn't amazing. I expect this one to sell out pretty quickly, but after Your Name, AssClass and Durarara do I really want to buy yet another defective AL release? :/ It's a tough one as I do not expect this one to be fixed but I still expect it to go OOP pretty fast so as much as I don't want to support garbage like this I'm gonna have to make up my mind real quick.

Getting way ahead of myself here, but is splitting the difference still going to be an option with the Cowboy Bebop UE for people who already own the Collector's Edition (and the movie), as suggested in this post...

Hypothetically if we did do one, I'd go the distance and create an option that gave the supporters of the CE a chance to upgrade by only paying the difference between the sets

After all this time, I don't exactly have proof of purchase on those CEs anymore.

Well i'm in dubio also regarding Re:Zero myself. The show indeed has it's flaws, but overall i really enjoyed it ... otherwise i wouldn't have bought three figures from the show ;)

I don't blame AL on this, but the sheer incompetence from FUNimation as i think this isn't something with the master itself.
I'll wait what Andrew has to say once he's gone trough it and then decide to either cancel my pre-order or not. Might end up getting the French release instead if that's one has a better PQ. Short answer i want the best possible release for this show, nothing more but certainly also nothing less.

Bit a weekend of mixed feelings concerning anime, Re:Zero FUNi fiasco on one side and then on the other side license rescue for Sound! Euphonium which made me very happy. Sound! Euph out wins Re:Zero though :)

When a BD looks worse than a free stream, then you know you're in trouble...
I can't blame AL too much, since this is what they've been provided with, but it's still extremely disappointing none the less.

Don't forget Persona 3 Movie 2 replacements discs. Afaik, replacements haven't been shipped but the SE release has the fixed disc.

Don't forget Persona 3 Movie 2 replacements discs. Afaik, replacements haven't been shipped but the SE release has the fixed disc.
The P3 M2 discs already got sent out.
I can confirm as my friend was happy to have since I gifted him the first movie with the boxset on pre-order XD.

What? When? I haven't received any notification.
If you contacted AL with your order number and asked to be signed up for the replacement discs then you got one from what I remember.
Since it can be hard to keep track of things.

Keeping my pre-order active for now. Partly because the details on how AL will be doing it are vague at this point.

Admittedly I don't currently have a Blu-ray player coded to play right stuf region locked Blu-rays....

Keeping my pre-order active for now. Partly because the details on how AL will be doing it are vague at this point.

Admittedly I don't currently have a Blu-ray player coded to play right stuf region locked Blu-rays....
Same, hopefully ALs plans are more concrete before it is too late to cancel so I can decide which I'll buy.

I am enjoying AGE so I can watch Nozomi’s... (I mean AGE is bad but good bad so I can’t explain my feelings on it) I cancelled as I discussed it with someone and they said I should wait which makes sense.

AGE's problems mostly stem from it being the brainchild of a game developer who didn't really give the anime staff anything to work with, something they were openly critical about in interviews.

It's like there's this great idea (3 successive generations in a 100 year war) but it gets lost in the face of a very conservative Gundam fanboy who knows why he loves the franchise but fails to communicate it to a new generation.

Back