UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Oh my. Would very much like this to happen...

AP
NOdsmpY.jpg

The Origin set looks nice, still a bit iffy on buying parts 1-4 knowing the may never release the rest (I'd have assumed they would, but then I would have assumed they would have released Eva 2.22, yet here we are). Still I'm weak and must buy my UK Gundam, at least for now...

yeah, AL released that nice CE for Eva 1.11 - I don't even care for Eva but I bought the CE - so no plans for a matching 2.22 CE or beyond?

I still don't understand the reasoning for releasing a I-IV set of Origin in the US or the UK, when they knew there were going to be 2 more parts. I've been buying the JP Standard Edition singles for Origin instead, I'm just waiting for VI to release this July in Japan. I'd rather have six nice, matching singles lined up on my shelf than a mish-mash of box sets... I really had no interest in the over-sized Limited Editions, either, as I have no place to put them.

Last edited:
Well they have to wait for Manga's licence to lapse on both. Evangelion 1.11 came out from Manga in April 2010, AtA released their collector's Edition in April 2017. 2.22 came out from Manga in June 2011, so sticking to that strict timetable, the earliest AtA could release it is this June, but considering 3.33 came out from Manga in February 2016, making a 2023 relicence likely, you might expect them to delay a 2.22 CE for a few years, especially given 4.44 is just a wink in Anno's eye at the minute.

I don't think I'd really call it "incomplete" - VI only came out in Japan this month and as thedoctor said above, 1-4 and 5-6 (and beyond?) are being treated as separate arcs.

This is indeed a terrible dilemma. Does it go at the start because chronology, or at the end because release date? Argh.

As for the rest of Origin, do we even know if it's finished yet? I mean is VI the last one or could there be more?

The sixth Origin is the last film, no plans for any more confirmed by the director

I don't think I'd really call it "incomplete" - VI only came out in Japan this month and as thedoctor said above, 1-4 and 5-6 (and beyond?) are being treated as separate arcs.
Not really as VI is only being released in July. Had to check though after your post, as i thought hey why hasn't Amazon shipped it yet if it was released this month :)

When talking about releases, personally i'm wondering what's up with Genocidal Organ as the other two Project Itoh movies were released back in 2016? And to keep it uniform will Genocidal Organ also come in steelbook?

As everyone has pretty much pointed out, Gundam Origin is split into two parts:

I-IV - The Chronicle of Char and Sayla
V-VI - The Loum Arc

There's currently no plans to produce a VII onwards. I'm fine with the result so far and it's obvious that the reason AL made the statement about V-VI is because those aren't available in the west just yet aside from its Japanese releases.

Meanwhile I'm casually waiting for what AL have up their Gundam sleeves next.

Back