UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Not to rain on all these hard facts being delivered - but it's actually because we sold a load of units of the original series and only a subset of people care enough to buy both versions or specifically wanted compilation films (some things haven't changed over the ages) :).

Interesting fact - Gundam doesn't sell badly here - it's a common misconception based on what I said before. It's just that there's a dedicated number of sales and compared to the USA the numbers are lower. That fact is pretty obvious when you consider population size of the UK vs the USA to all of us, alas in a sales context wishful thinking can set in comparing the two!

Actually also untrue - we got it because of the UK - but it makes more commercial sense to do France too at the same time instead of two separate authorings. Ultimately it still costs more to do - just less than doing two separately (even if we used the US master and France made it's own)!

The more you know and all that jazz!

Andrew
But why are you releasing Origin before Char's Counterattack?

Not to rain on all these hard facts being delivered - but it's actually because we sold a load of units of the original series and only a subset of people care enough to buy both versions or specifically wanted compilation films (some things haven't changed over the ages) :).

Interesting fact - Gundam doesn't sell badly here - it's a common misconception based on what I said before. It's just that there's a dedicated number of sales and compared to the USA the numbers are lower. That fact is pretty obvious when you consider population size of the UK vs the USA to all of us, alas in a sales context wishful thinking can set in comparing the two!

Actually also untrue - we got it because of the UK - but it makes more commercial sense to do France too at the same time instead of two separate authorings. Ultimately it still costs more to do - just less than doing two separately (even if we used the US master and France made it's own)!

The more you know and all that jazz!

Andrew

So will you chime in on the CCA question, or did you just come since I was badmouthing sales again :3

So you refuse to actually say why you disagree with my statement, and then suddenly call me disgruntled? At the moment I have no releases I'm disgruntled about outside of shaking my fist at Aniplex for sitting on things like Mushi-shi, but It streamed poorly so I know the reason why.

Because its a forum where I can state my opinions to a discussion, and people stating they should delay a release for something that'll never come out in the west till Japan gets 8K masters is just ridiculous.

Your just going mega salty that I dared to insinuate that the UK might not be a market Sunrise gives any **** about, and the only reason we get anything at all is because AL gets UK rights along with FR licensing rights.

If the US can't get it when they are clearly a much bigger market, which sunrise would care about. Then why would we get it.

I'll wait for you to claim I'm somehow a mega hater of anime, or something since apparently you know me better than I know myself.

Who said anything about delaying a release even with CCA being released in the US back in 2016, AL still haven't released it here yet your acting as if CCA is guaranteed to come out soon.

No your just an idiot when did I say there that 4K remaster was guaranteed now your putting words in my mouth, like I said your obliviously bitter and angry about a certain release now your shifting your anger towards the forum if anyone is salty it's you.

So will you chime in on the CCA question, or did you just come since I was badmouthing sales again :3

I bet it's because they're trying to figure out how on earth can they get the Gundam Collection logo to fit on a 1 BD sized CE box rofl. Like not gonna lie I would imagine someone over at AL HQ is fuming at consistency over that. Reminds me of the Anime Classics sets where the fatter sets have a different layout than the normal sets.

In any case I would like you & Temujin to chill for a bit on that conversation earlier. At least I'm not that dude who came here to laugh at you or screams I'll kill you however if this continues I will get pissed.

I bet it's because they're trying to figure out how on earth can they get the Gundam Collection logo to fit on a 1 BD sized CE box rofl. Like not gonna lie I would imagine someone over at AL HQ is fuming at consistency over that. Reminds me of the Anime Classics sets where the fatter sets have a different layout than the normal sets.

In any case I would like you & Temujin to chill for a bit on that conversation earlier. At least I'm not that dude who came here to laugh at you or screams I'll kill you however if this continues I will get pissed.

Everything is cool on my side :cool:

I think the real question here is - why am I wasting my time releasing any of this inferior Gundam content before the apex of all things giant robot that is G Gundam?

Andrew
Because sometimes it reminds you too much of these threads?
tumblr_njdoisyS2h1teummeo1_400.gif

Hello boys, will there potentially be any releases popping up early at MCM as a surprise next month please?

I threw money at you back in October when Durarara x2, Your Name and A Silent Voice made a surprise appearance. Aiming to hopefully do the same again :D

Back