What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

The Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Reinhard from Big in Japan came today. Got Yang last month and Kircheis is released this month.

S9MaS9f.jpg

Wow, that's... very specific! 😅
RD392-Maximum-height-sign.png

I totally agree with this bit, though. You said it all there.
Yeah I agree that a lot of anime romance is a bit wishy-washy with the "will they won't they" I also dislike them romance is crammed into a story that doesn't really need it- FMAB did it perfectly having Ed and Winryonly get together in the epilogue and not having it interrupt the storyline where it would have distracted.

Yeah I agree that a lot of anime romance is a bit wishy-washy with the "will they won't they"
It's when something significant happens between the two characters but the writer still refuses to let them progress that I just think "Aaargh! That is not what would happen in real life!"

(Is it? Surely not...)

It's when something significant happens between the two characters but the writer still refuses to let them progress that I just think "Aaargh! That is not what would happen in real life!"

(Is it? Surely not...)
I'm afraid I wouldn't know.

Wow, that's... very specific! 😅

I'm guessing something like Bubblegum Crash/Crisis is fine. But anything like Gundam, etc. isn't.

I totally agree with this bit, though. You said it all there.

Tsuki ga Kirei was pretty good, they got the confession out of the way pretty quickly. Then it went onto the being unsure, etc. But it seemed fairly realistic that people have doubts, especially that young (final year of middle school). I agree that a lot of romance is all shyness and misunderstandings which leaves you shouting at the screen "just tell him/her already!"

I don't think @Girls wIth Guns is telling the whole truth though. I remember he posted about receiving Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun (rom-com set in a school), he said it was for his mum, buuuut 😜

I don't think @Girls wIth Guns is telling the whole truth though. I remember he posted about receiving Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun (rom-com set in a school), he said it was for his mum, buuuut 😜

Lol, Honestly, I did get it for my mum, that tile is probably way out of my comfort zone - it was basically a blind buy, I've only seen the first episode, so I don't have any idea if I myself will care for it at all. I only snatched it up because it was on sale for just $35 on Amazon US, which is half the price of what Sentai or RS ever has it on sale for. Please tell me the romance goes somewhere in that series, without an overload of spastic comedy... :confused:

And I did really like Tsuki ga Kirei - that one will be a definite purchase for me.

Last edited:
image.jpg
Tenchi Muyo GXP from eBay, Der Todesking from Arrow Direct (used some points) and Taisho Trilogy from Zavvi
Bonus picture:
image.jpg
Zavvi used a huge box and loads of airbags for Taisho Trilogy, that's a first.

Please tell me the romance goes somewhere in that series, without an overload of spastic comedy...
A lot of the comedy comes from the fact that Nozaki-Kun is completely oblivious to the romance part dispite writing romance manga! Some of the comedy is a bit shouty, but it's the funniest anime I've seen. One of the funniest episodes is about dating sims, as a gamer I know a bit about those sorts of games so it might have made it better for me.

A lot of the comedy comes from the fact that Nozaki-Kun is completely oblivious to the romance part dispite writing romance manga! Some of the comedy is a bit shouty, but it's the funniest anime I've seen. One of the funniest episodes is about dating sims, as a gamer I know a bit about those sorts of games so it might have made it better for me.
I second the notion that this is one of the funniest anime I've seen as well, loved it and desperately want a S2

Ok, well usually when someone says an anime is "a lot of fun" or "it's very funny" then I end up hating it, lol... I really just don't like comedy. I guess we'll find out soon - my mom and the neighbor girl will be visiting Sunday Afternoon to watch the last 3 eps of Gosick and the last 6 eps of "A Town Where you Live," then we'll probably start Nozaki-kun in our next viewing session, most likely by next weekend.

Back