What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

You guuuuuuuuuys we can't have ALL the elements we love in one anime, who the heck would make that? XD

Ah well, I have fairly narrow preferences when it comes to anime. The things I highly dislike in anime are:

Comedy (totally sucks in anime)
Chibi
CGDCT (No cutesy crap)
Fanservice (especially watermelon boobies)
High School setting
Sports or Game based (especially card game)
I can understand people disliking these even if I they wouldn't stop me watching something. Comedy is highly subjective and the cute girls and fanservice I can only stomach in moderation. Sports (at least ones that don't involve vehicles) and high school settings are both pretty big turn off to me and...
Giant Mech
WAT
Giant mechs with watermelon boobies would be awesome
IQaI8wP.gif

The director's a guy called Shinji Aramaki. Another of his CG films, Appleseed Ex Machina, is yet another favourite of mine. They're really well written. (Both of those have the same writer, actually.)

Written by a guy called Shinji; this does not bode well XD Nah, thanks for the recommendations dude ^^

I can understand people disliking these even if I they wouldn't stop me watching something. Comedy is highly subjective and the cute girls and fanservice I can only stomach in moderation. Sports (at least ones that don't involve vehicles) and high school settings are both pretty big turn off to me and...

WAT

IQaI8wP.gif

I didn't think it was actually a thing, I thought the guy was being facetious XD I'm too naive...

Written by a guy called Shinji; this does not bode well XD Nah, thanks for the recommendations dude ^^
I took a punt on it because I liked his previous film, and because it was only £4.99 in HMV at the time!

I got the DVD version because the Blu-ray seems a bit pointless to me. You get two discs, you see: one has the film dubbed in English, and the other is an extended cut in the original Japanese. No matter which format you buy, the film in Japanese is on a DVD, so the BD would be pretty useless to me. And it's an awful dub, in my opinion.

I took a punt on it because I liked his previous film, and because it was only £4.99 in HMV at the time!

I got the DVD version because the Blu-ray seems a bit pointless to me. You get two discs, you see: one has the film dubbed in English, and the other is an extended cut in the original Japanese. No matter which format you buy, the film in Japanese is on a DVD, so the BD would be pretty useless to me. And it's an awful dub, in my opinion.

Well, if you don't try, you never know, you win some, you lose some and all that!

I must admit sometimes the format in which certain things are released can be baffling. I get that they're probably money-spinners and all, but, it seems quite odd...

I think things like Strike Witches and Girls und Panzer pretty much owe their existence to people believing the exact opposite.

I'll have to take your word for it, and just retract my comment and go with the fact that someone, somewhere has literally put every element into one anime!

I'll have to take your word for it, and just retract my comment and go with the fact that someone, somewhere has literally put every element into one anime!
Well, I mean, not all the elements everybody loves, but those shows do feel particularly like someone decided to shove as many otaku-appeal elements as possible into a blender. Not saying they're bad shows, but the ridiculous concepts behind them still make chuckle.

1st 2 got from secondspin and 2 more volumes of Little Witch Academia from Amazon Japan just need vol 8 as got vol 4 on the way then my LWA bluray collection will be complete!

IMG_20180228_183219.jpgIMG_20180228_183305.jpg

Ehhhh?!? Anime comedy is some of the most laugh-out-loud comedy I've ever seen!

Well, I don't watch any live-action comedy movies either, it's mostly just crude and disgusting humor anymore. With anime, the comedy is all that manic screaming/screeching/yelling/spazzing/jumping around crap. It's so grating and obnoxious. I just don't find that funny whatsoever. And I really hate to see Chibi animation added into the mix, because I dislike cutesy comedy even more.

Dude, that knocks out about 95% of anime straight off the bat!

yep, sure does. That's why I can afford to quadruple dip and import different country releases of the few anime series I do like. I prefer more serious anime, Action, Adventure, Scifi, Fantasy, Mystery, Drama, smaller-sized mech is Ok, and some Romance - I like RomDrams, but I can't watch RomComs. Although, romance in anime is pretty much a joke anyway, as it almost never goes anywhere. I do get tired of all the misunderstandings and uber-shy tropes you get in anime romance.

Last edited:
Back