General Cartoons Thread

I've not seen much of Samurai Jack but it always looked from the brief bits I saw at a friend's like a really fun show. The entire series comes out on Blu ray in the US soon including the recent new final season. It looked like a cool mix of sci-fi and martial arts that really took the direction and art style of old samurai movies and Japanese cinema and mixed it with american science fiction and loads of other genres besides. The action always seemed very stylish and dynamic for an american cartoon despite its simplistic art style. I only saw a few episodes but it looked like a good time and it has a huge loyal fanbase.

The South Park Sets are up on Amazon at around $33 each. I'm waiting for more info on them before I consider buying but hopefully they'll appear on Wow HD for a reasonable price (I'd preferably pay around Tree 'fiddy for them) ;)

The South Park Sets are up on Amazon at around $33 each. I'm waiting for more info on them before I consider buying but hopefully they'll appear on Wow HD for a reasonable price (I'd preferably pay around Tree 'fiddy for them) ;)

I doubt wowhd will be reasonable with how their prices have been recently.

I also would like to see the quality of the BD sets for South Park before I considered it, and also I'm in no specific rush. The main episode I want in HD is Make Love, Not Warcraft which happens to be my favourite episode.

Anyone checked out the new Looney Tunes on Boomerang? It is bloody horrendous! I give up, they had something great with "The Looney Tunes Show" sitcom but first "Wabit" and now this new ****** Looney Tunes I gave up.

I just realised this thread has barely had activity and since I'm someone heavily into animation atm, I'd thought I'd highlight some of the stuff that's happened in the medium in bulletpoint form

-Miraculous Ladybug (or Miracluous: Tales Of Ladybug And Cat Noir) recently had it's second season premiere......I saw some episodes of the show a while back, it's allright but very much every episode is the same (though it's very popular with shippers)
-A new Nickelodeon show Welcome To The Wayne started back in late summer, it's pretty much Gravity Falls but in an apartment block......alsi I swear the main girl character in it sounds like Squid Girl
-Mike Judge (of Beavis And Butt-Head, King Of The Hill, The Goode Family, etc fame) has a new show on Cinemax called Mike Judge Presents Tales From The Tour Bus. It's basically an documentary series about the antics of various country music stars told by those who knew them.
-The Loud House (and yes I know of what happened with Chris Savino), Teen Titans Go and Bob's Burgers are all getting movies
-Uncle Grandpa quietley ended it's run recently. I know it was never popular but I think it go better over time, although no one will ever forget the Steven Universe crossover
-Speaking of Steven Universe, it came back after a 6 month hiatus with 6 new episodes on the CN app in the US.......and the waiting game begins anew
-My Little Pony The Movie (the one based on Friendship Is Magic, not the 1986 one) came out and managed to make about $47 million according to Box Office Mojo, which isin't great but it's rumoured the movie was cheap to make so it may not be that much of a bomb
-Mysticons, a show from Canada recently started and it's rumoured a same sex kiss scene from an upcoming episode might get cut from it's US broadcast on Nickelodeon
-Star Wars Rebels started it's 4th and reportedly final season
-Trollhunters (the Netflix series from Guillermo del Toro) is now going to be part of a trilogy called Tales Of Arcadia with the other shows in it called 3 Below and Wizards
-Oh yeah something about Rick And Morty and some dipping sauce in the US that people went crazy over

I think that's about everything so far

I want to watch Miraculous Ladybug so much (I saw all of s1 on iTunes but everything was messed up when they switched to Disney broadcast only).

R

Some other stuff that's gone down in animation in the past few months i forgot to mention......

-Wakfu, the French animated series based off the MMO of the same name finally had it's 3rd season premire on French tv. What makes this notable is that there is a near decade long gap between seasons 2 and 3 of the series
-O.K K.O Let's Be Heroes premiered on CN and it seems to be doing okay despite all the TTG reruns the network does. The show is from Ian James Quartly (formally of Steven Universe) and even recently had a crossover with of all things, Captain Planet
-Star Vs The Forces Of Evil came back from a long hiatus with 2 weeks worth of episodes that i think will lead to the mid season 3 finale
-TBS is set to premire Close Enough, a new show from Regular Show creator J.G Quintell, though so far there no air date for the show yet
-CN aired a sneak peak of upcoming Lego Movie spin-off Unikitty. The character voiced by Alison Bree (of Community fame) in The Lego Movie/Lego Dimensions is now voiced by Tara Strong (of "I'm not even going to bother listing the roles she's famous for cause I'll be here all day" fame)
-DC put out a Justice League Action short which sees Mark Hamill kidnapped by both The Joker and The Trickster. You can watch for free on the official DC Kids YouTube channel
-Star Wars Rebels is currently on it's 4th and final season
-Its a bit out of the timeframe I'm recapping but I'd be in remiss if I didn't point out this moment from Sonic Boom which got a bit of media attention

Last edited:
Now this is weird, Voltron Legendary Defender (which I should point out is a Netflix exclusive title) is not only airing on the UK TV channel POP (which is also airing Miraculous Ladybug btw) but I found the first 2 seasons on the Google Play store. I thought Netlfix exclusives stayed on Netflix (unless it's like Star Trek Discovery which is on a different platform in the US but on Netflix everywhere else)

Now this is interesting. Entertainment Weekly named Ducktales 2017 as one of the Top 10 best TV shows of the year. To give you an idea of how big of a deal this is, heres their top 10 shows of this year

1 - GLOW
2 - Twin Peaks 2017
3 - Big Little Lies
4 - The Good Place
5 - Rick And Morty (despite that nonsense over the sauce whose name I can't remember?)
6 - Insecure
7 - The Handmaid's Tale
8 - Ducktales 2017
9 - American Crime
10 - Mr Robot

......Can the likes of Adventure Time and Steven Universe ever claim this sort of thing?

Anyone seen this?

It's part of a joint venture between Fredarator Studios (the studio behind Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors) and Sony Pictures Animation. It's got over a million views and a lot of people really want to see it turned into a series (basically The Summoning is to Fredarator what Infinity Train is to Cartoon Network)

That was made from a competition entry. They had a competition for people to send in their comic ideas, and get them turned into a short animation.

This was near the top of reddit at one point.

Back