What manga are you reading now?

Finished Bakemonogatari (LN) Vol 3 last night. I did enjoy it a lot, as I do with Monogatari in general, but considering it was the longest single story in all of Bake, not a lot really happened to justify the length. I swear, the plot didn't really start until Chapter 5 of 7. Of course, I am thankful for the amazing, if almost utterly irrelevant, date, as it's probably my favourite part of the whole franchise, but it did feel a little out of place? You could argue it totally solidifies Araragi's relationship with Senjogahara which is relevant in the last chapter, but you probably could've gotten away without it. I just feel it might've been more fitting in a Senjogahara focused arc, but knowing how far away another one of those is, perhaps that wouldn't be right either. Honestly, the chapter seems so standalone, I'm not sure it'd fit in anywhere, really. Also, someone should tell Nisioisin that when your book is ~200 pages long, a chapter of over 50 pages in length is not appropriate. I wouldn't care, I'd say there was a damn good stopping point in the middle of Chapter 7 (when Araragi meets Black Hanekawa) so there was no need for it to be so long.

Back