What manga are you reading now?

Death March To The Parallel World Rhapsody 1
Top quality, really looking forwards to where this is going next volume. All these transported to a game world novels seem to be really popular lately, but at least a lot of them are pretty good

yeah i read it too

did you like it

I've read the whole series (well, what has been released so far!) through Crunchyroll previously, so this was more of a reread. I do really like the series for taking a more realistic approach to love (and to a certain extant feelings of a more sexual nature), and I'm glad Yen have been releasing. :)

That Wolf-Boy is Mine!, Volume 1

Pretty standard first volume with a lot of the usual things you've come to expect from a manga for this demographic, I like the artwork on show here, real pretty shojo artwork. I like the main lass, headstrong with a bit more backbone compared to some of her contemporaries, the group of guys had very little explained about them so hopefully as it goes along we'll learn more about them as what little that was explained was quite intriguing.

Finished reading The Art of Satoshi Kon.

My favourite quote from Kon in his commentary section at the back of the book, writing about a Perfect Blue film poster he designed:
I was pleased when they told me how many of these were being stolen. I figured that must mean they were good after all, and doing their job.

God rest his soul.

That Wolf-Boy is Mine!, Volumes 2 - 3

I think the series is sound enough story wise, though any hope of anything more deep and meaningful happening with regards to the cast and their emotions has kind of gone out the window, the series is just lacking that extra oomph it could have really done with, there isn't really any depth to the cast that takes them beyond their typically specific roles, the art is still rather pretty though!

Not a manga, but I've started re-reading Anime: A History by Jonathan Clements. It's a fascinating account of animation in Japan, going as far back as (potentially) 1912.

A really interesting and challenging read.

Vinland Saga Book 8
Nana Vol 2-3

Vinland wins!

Vm26vOa.jpg
5sI1qqx.jpg

Tokyo Tarareba Girls Vol 1 by Akiko Higashimura (Princess Jellyfish) Sadly a digital-only release but still well worth a read if you like witty, sharply observed josei; great stuff!

Back