The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I already own that Sekirei set, I'm surprised you bought Eureka 7 , I would have though you make have waited for Anime Limited release @Grav

Yeah about that, I picked up Astral Ocean Part 1 back in October 2013 and the original Eureka 7 Part 1 back in April 2014 so it's been quite a while.

But yes I will double-dip for the UK Ultimate Edition as I really enjoyed what I've watched so far (plus having Region B discs isn't an issue).

Another Week, Another Set of Purchases from good old Kodansha Comics.

Interviews with Monster Girls, Volumes 1 - 2
Descending Stories, Volume 1
Welcome to the Ballroom, Volume 2

It's a good show as all CLAMP works usually are. As a show in its own right it's decent but since it's based off the Manga which becomes increasingly confusing as it goes on its unfinished and it shows by the end of the second season.

One can only hope the announcement of a CCS anime continuation may mean more Tsubasa Anime in the future.

The Tsubasa anime is terrible compared to the manga. The pacing is absolutely glacial and they made Sakura into a useless damsel in distress. The Tokyo Revelation OVAs were done by a different studio and director and are much better.

My replacement Madman order arrived (lacking items that went OOS ofc T_T)

SEo5wsE.jpg

I've so far have tried out Hozuki's Coolheadedness, but its already has 1 glaring fault. Hard subtitles.

Ordered from Wordery (using code BOOKLOVER to get 15% off your 2nd and subsequent books...ends this weekend)

Tokyo Ghoul: Void (novel)
Bungo Stray Dogs vol 1
The Case Study of Vanitas vol 1

Second-hand Vexille 2-DVD steelbook for £2 from CEX. It should be interesting to pit this against Shinji Aramaki's Appleseed Ex Machina.

The Jonathan Clements commentary track should be interesting, too.

Yeah, it still uses that so-called "3D live anime" technique that was used on Aramaki's 2004 Appleseed.

Whereas Aramaki made huge progress with the visuals on Appleseed Ex Machina and Harlock: Space Pirate, Fumihiko Sori seems to have just stuck with what he and Aramaki had already developed. I haven't seen Sori's 2012 film Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, but it looks like that still uses the same method.

Finally managed to get the Steelbook of Howls Moving castle for a reasonable price (the prices were getting silly on Amazon). managed to get a second hand copy from CEX. This completes the Ghibili steelbook collection for me unless they (hopefully) release more.

Galaxy Railways OVA ~A Letter From The Abandoned Planet~ DVD from Discotek.

Decided to go for the DVD rather than wait on the Blu Ray as I'm not sure if the Blu Ray will even be worth the wait as it could be an upscale. If it isn't then I don't mind double dipping on this really fun OVA. Also I'm desperate to replace my crappy Hong Kong Blu Ray.

It's a great crossover between GE999 and the Galaxy Railways series and is highly recommended for Leijiverse fans.

Back