What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

These came over the last few days. Happily double dipped for JoJo.

wsqdebA.jpg

kRAHuAD.jpg

lMxSQ61.jpg

iRtCkV1.jpg

The Noa Izumi Artbook is because I just need more Noa things, I've never taken the waifu thing seriously at all but with a gun against my head she might be my answer, her or Ai Tanabe I guess. I already have a couple of really good Patlabor Artbooks but I want to really expand my Artbook collection this year and couldn't turn this down for just £8.
I didn't know this even existed, looks nice. Any chance of some interior shots? Kanuka is my Patlabor go-to girl but Noa is pretty adorable.

3/4 out of my madman orders came today (one was ordered later) and i didn't have to deal with customs because the prices on the boxes were right and everything was under the limit anyways.

Happy to have everything come home on good condition. The postman actually gave the pick up slips to my neighbor but he returned them to me (thanks). I actually returned his packages last summer so i guess what what goes around comes around.

2/3 of the packets also looked like someone had punched them but everything was luckily just fine inside.

Anyways. Here's the (******) picture.

Loottia_zps5j0vaw52.jpg

I had hoped that the Patlabors would come on a bigger boxes but i guess i'm glad just to have them. I didn't like the early days ova but the TV series is great.

There certainly were lot more that i wanted to buy from the sale but i was pretty much spent already so these are what i mostly got (one last thing will come later)

Not that i'm really complaining because i'm happy about what i was able to get. The Ping Pong was especially a steal.

New arrivals.

kh4wh7Sh.jpg

Today I have received Berserk (1997) on Blu-ray from MVM during the 20% off Blu-ray sale. It's a nice box and the artwork is great. Next up we have Universal UK's release for Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya- with unforunately the bleeding artwork but thankfully one of the sides is fine for the shelf. And last but not least my Japanese PS4 import has arrived - The iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars. Coincidentally Berserk's author Miura apparently spent some time playing iDOLM@STER during the time Guts was stuck on a boat for 7 years.

So far on the schedule for February:
  • Eden of the East
  • Eureka Seven: Part 2
  • Eureka Seven Astral Ocean: Part 2
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1
  • Nyaruko: Crawling With Love: Season 2
  • Persona 3 the Movie -#1 Spring of Birth-
  • Sekirei: Seasons 1-2

Will it burst though? It's been a few years since AL started up this whole trend of Collector's Edition releases taking precedent, and it shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon, especially with companies like MVM and Manga also taking shots at CE releases, to varying degrees of success. The only way I see it crashing down is if AL become too greedy and start hiking prices up even more so than they have already.

In the ideal world standard editions would be released at the same time as collectors/limited editions, giving the consumer the choice.

Oh, nice. ;)

Where did you get the Paprika BD?

At amazon uk, quite cheap £7.19. Along with Shigurui quite cheap too £5.99.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paprika-Bl...e=UTF8&qid=1485285721&sr=8-2&keywords=paprika
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shigurui-D...=UTF8&qid=1485285739&sr=8-1&keywords=shigurui

In the ideal world standard editions would be released at the same time as collectors/limited editions, giving the consumer the choice.

Yeah I'm in for that. Even though some CE are really cool, at this point in my life I cant spend a ton more on a CE. I'm happy with standard versions. Freedom of choice would be cool.

To answer Incendiary Lemon's question as well: Yes. I do firmly believe that the day is coming VERY soon when folks become fatigued with CE releases. I know some folks elsewhere online who have (if they're to be believed) simply stopped buying anime because they dislike the current sales model so much. Given how long it's taken some shows to get an affordable standard edition release - which is sometimes not considered quite so affordable - I can't say I blame them.

But, that's me done ranting on the subject. Really. Seriously. I mean, like, for reals. At least for today.

Hmm, I guess only time will tell. As I say, the releases don't seem to be slowing down, or getting cheaper.

Received this today ^____^ Meant to get it when it came out, but other stuff happened. So glad to have to have it at last and at a very reasonable price too.

2017-01-25-131249.jpg

Maybe i should get a camera just so that i could post better pictures :D

Anyways. Rem figure that i ordered came today and i'm pleased with it. It was cheap so i was kinda afraid that the promo photos would be false but they werent.

DSC_0285_zpsa83pfedo.jpg

The face maybe looks little weird when you look at the figure from front but if you position the figure little bit sideways it looks great.

Back