What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I too received Berserk today.

vRzo4RB.jpg

I pre ordered the Beresek LE yesterday on Amazon, should still be able to get one.

Any chance of someone doing a proper unboxing set of pictures, Curious to see the innards of the set?

I pre ordered the Beresek LE yesterday on Amazon, should still be able to get one.

Any chance of someone doing a proper unboxing set of pictures, Curious to see the innards of the set?

There's an unboxing video of the Australian one on YouTube. It's identical to the UK one, only the UK one has a sturdier outer box.

Berserk CE looks better than I thought. Not sure if I still wanna try to get it or wait for the standard release... Hows the video quality? This is an upscale right?

Berserk CE looks better than I thought. Not sure if I still wanna try to get it or wait for the standard release... Hows the video quality? This is an upscale right?

I'm not an expert, so take this with mountains upon mountains of salt, but I think it's well possible that it might not be. With digital animation, the drawings are only done at a set resolution, so when you're seeing something from the early days of digital put out in HD, it is being upscaled, but because stuff from the 90s back over was done on film, the actual photographs they take of the art will have been quite big, so when you go to put it into HD, you're actually getting more detail. If you look at BDs of old stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Gundam 079 or the Japanese Evangelion BD sets, you'll be astonished how good they are. I haven't actually tried out my BD copy of Berserk yet, but I think it could potentially look awesome.

As I say, this could all be totally incorrect, but I think that's how animation works :p

Fandom Post keeps track of Cel production Anime with Upscales on Blu Ray here.

As already pointed out Berserk is certainly not one of them, a very nice transfer indeed and a show I'm looking forward to watching in HD for sure.

7AxnvQv.jpg

The beginning of many Discotek Hauls starts right here. Only watched Black Jack The Movie so far and I loved it. Kirk Thorton is so good as BJ and this was a very entertaining film. Checked the VQ on Jungle Emperor Leo and Venus Wars and both are really beautiful, hope to get to those and Darkstalkers very soon.

GvE2M9S.jpg

Happy to have Claymore on BD and it's a nice set. Though I do wish it was a tad different to the DVD Artbox Funimation put out as I own that too, I got it back when it was in the Early Bird special and Miss Hokusai I got in the Boxing Day deal. Arslan I snapped up on Amazon, not sure why it was so cheap and still is but I won't say no to part 2 of this for only £24.

5mC7k5C.jpg

Metropolis on Blu Ray in a Steelbook from Eureka Entertainment no less was probably one of the most surprising announcements last year. Haven't checked it out yet but Eureka Ent seem to have done a great job. The Noa Izumi Artbook is because I just need more Noa things, I've never taken the waifu thing seriously at all but with a gun against my head she might be my answer, her or Ai Tanabe I guess. I already have a couple of really good Patlabor Artbooks but I want to really expand my Artbook collection this year and couldn't turn this down for just £8. Finally is the Soundtrack to the second season of Big Windup!, I love the show dearly and already own the first season OST so decided to pick this up for a small fee of £5. Now I just need to get around to buying the Right Stuf release before I get mad at myself.

Got the AL Claymore set. (US version also shown for comparison). The AL set is heavier and built better (Funimation used thin card and a smaller art book)

6m9TSkX.jpg

Also Bakemonogatari Novel and When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace from Amazon Sale

DPr5U6O.jpg

Back