UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I was hoping to ask for some advice about Gurren Lagann on BD. How distracting are the three parts where the video drops to SD? Do you think I should get the DVD version instead, which is at least consistent?
In regards to the video - It's not a massive deal. Whilst it is very noticeable and I'd definitely rather it wasn't there, it is only around 30 seconds of it.
Speaking as someone who's a big supporter of Anime Limited though, I do still feel the need to warn that there is a more pressing issue with the BDs (at least in my eyes, or ears in this case) - 21 of the 27 episodes have mono audio and/or an audio defect of sorts for the Japanese track. Considering I've never actually fully played back the retail discs, I went through each episode to confirm, and to break it down:

Episodes 1 - 10 and 23 - 27 have mono audio.
Episode 11 - 16 are... in the only way I can describe it, screwed... They may(?) be stereo but something has gone completely wrong with the audio mix.
Episodes 17 - 22 appear to have correct stereo audio.

No idea if the AL DVD inherits any of the BD defects though, but neither the Bandai Legends DVD nor Aniplex's BDs suffer from them.

Has it been revealed what the Belladonna of Sadness and Momotaro releases will include, extras-wise? Can't wait for those. Saw that there's a silly 1-star review of the former on Amazon, not sure if you could get rid of it somehow.
How ironic that the person who wrote a pre-emptive review for something that hasn't been released yet goes by "pre-emptress".

Looking forward to rewatching Escaflowne on blu-ray... at some point down the line. I'll definitely be picking up the standard edition soon, though.

@anime_andrew Would you be able to tell me when the £5 discount code for the AL store expires? Will I be able to use it for an earlybird on Erased? it's just that I have (keenly) already pre-ordered P3 Movies 1-3 via AOL. Thanks :)

Back