The Nintendo Switch Thread

I do agree that shares usually fall, but if include the reveal in December, Nintendo's share prices have almost fallen by a third. That's a pretty big drop for a new console (not as bad as when the Wii U launched, though).

I'm interested to see what the bundle prices end up being. Walmart say their bundles could start from $400, so could be pretty expensive. Using 32GB memory cards again won't help, either (but it sounds like it should be easier to expand memory). Makes me wonder if they have so many leftover 32GB cards, that they have to include them with the Switch. XD
This is an unfair comparison, as they've also had the huge "failure" of Mario Run or whatever the hell it's called, which was supposed to be their big break into mobile, during that period.

Just saw the trailer with that western shooter mini game. For a second I thought it would be something to do with RDR. :oops:

This is an unfair comparison, as they've also had the huge "failure" of Mario Run or whatever the hell it's called, which was supposed to be their big break into mobile, during that period.

You're right, Mario Run was much worse for them.

I don't really see the point, but then I haven't bought a Nintendo item since the original DS due to their dumb region locking obsession. If they can get this properly region free and produce enough amazing games to absorb the terrifying price I might give it a chance to impress me later, but overall Nintendo haven't exactly been shining beacons of progress over the last decade. Shame it has no backwards compatibility though as a lot of the games I want to play are still marooned on the 3DS where I'll never see them.

R

I don't really see the point, but then I haven't bought a Nintendo item since the original DS due to their dumb region locking obsession. If they can get this properly region free and produce enough amazing games to absorb the terrifying price I might give it a chance to impress me later, but overall Nintendo haven't exactly been shining beacons of progress over the last decade. Shame it has no backwards compatibility though as a lot of the games I want to play are still marooned on the 3DS where I'll never see them.

R

It has already been confirmed region free, I believe.

Yeah. They've gotten rid of the region locks. I'll probably just put my money towards a 3ds XL, since there are quite a few games I want to play on that, too.

If the store is region locked though, it will undermine the fact that the carts might not be :/

I'm reserving judgement until the exact limitations are known because a portable item with region locking is super lame. The Vita was bad enough but at least the TV model was so ridiculously cheap that I could work around it.

R

I know I sound insanely paranoid but this is a company which downgraded its enormously successful handheld gaming platform to be completely crippled by region locking so there's a precedent for being concerned. The other recent Nintendo consoles have been leaning on the online side more and more, so I really don't want to get hyped only to find that I cannot play games from other regions on a £300 portable :/

R

Well, I put in my preorder this morning. £280 is a bit more than I was expecting (I thought it'd max out at £250) but still, this has piqued my interest enough for me to buy. I just hope the launch line up is decent. I have yet to actually watch the presentation, so I'll probably report back when I've seen it.

Their wording was that imported software would be region free, so it could be that the eshop will still be locked by region. But, I guess we'll find out what they actually plan to do closer to release.

Well, I put in my preorder this morning. £280 is a bit more than I was expecting (I thought it'd max out at £250) but still, this has piqued my interest enough for me to buy. I just hope the launch line up is decent. I have yet to actually watch the presentation, so I'll probably report back when I've seen it.

I won't spoil it for you, but please don't get your hopes up....

I won't spoil it for you, but please don't get your hopes up....

From what I've heard, there's only been 2 launch titles confirmed, Breath of the Wild and some mini game thing. I highly doubt they'll be launching with only two titles. I'm sure we'll hear more closer to the date, as third parties start announcing things.

From what I've heard, there's only been 2 launch titles confirmed, Breath of the Wild and some mini game thing. I highly doubt they'll be launching with only two titles. I'm sure we'll hear more closer to the date, as third parties start announcing things.
You're relying on third-party on a Nintendo console, did you forget to take your meds? :p

Prepare yourself for lots of Switch puns.

They're not launching with 2, but that's all that's launching from Nintendo, and Zelda is definitely the only BIG game.

I think they've only confirmed 4 games for launch day, so far. Zelda, Skylanders, Just Dance and 1-2 Switch (mini games). Hype is real.

Back