UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

• Re Australian price - Can someone link me to where it was announced? I literally cannot see anywhere announcing $35 AUD a set here - on Madman.com.au, JBHIFI or EZYDVD so am curious where this came from :).
Madman releases go up on their Business 2 Business sales portal a month before going live on their own consumer sales site and a little earlier again on their dealer guide site: Erased Vol 1 (Eps 1-6) (Blu-Ray) - Madman Entertainment Online Dealer Guide

Hahaha...just got email from AL. Zeta Gundam part 1 has been pushed back to February exact date to be confirmed.

It's to do with the BBFC certification process.

I just want my Gundam but the £5 off code does help...a bit.

Also received that email, I get that there's not much can be done about it but ffs man. I appreciate the £5 code but can't say there's really anything I wanna buy direct from them at the moment, especially with MVM doing a flat 20% off deal right now.... The whole affair has been a bit of a farce.

Bla bla bla....

You're receiving this email as you have pre-ordered our upcoming release of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Part 1 from our web site.
Unfortunately I regret to inform you that our release intended for release on 16th January has had to be pushed back to February, exact date to be confirmed. We apologise greatly for this and we would like to take a moment to highlight why this has happened.
Previously this title had been delayed due to problems surrounding the authoring of the discs for this release and we want to highlight this was not the case this time. While the authoring process has been completed, there was delay in the finalisation of the BBFC certification process for this release, and because of this it meant that the scheduled window that had been allocated for the production of the discs was missed.
Certification by the BBFC is required by UK law, and the certificate for each disc is required to be printed on each disc itself. Because of this, it has meant we can't make the date advertised for its release.
We want to stress that we are not at all happy that this has happened as we know many people including yourself have been looking forward to adding this to your collection for a long time. With this in mind as a gesture of good will and the fact we really appreciate your support and patience with this release, we want to offer you a £5.00 discount code for use on your next order atAllTheAnime.com
The following code can be redeemed during the checkout process on your next order:
I would like to add that while the release date for the Zeta Gundam Part 1 will be in February, we want to make it known that as soon as we have finished stock available at our warehouse, we intend to ship your pre-order as soon as possible. So it's more than likely you will have your copy of Zeta Gundam Part 1 ahead of the new date in February.
I fully appreciate this is not news you were wanting to hear, but I hope information above is helpful as to understanding why this happened. However if you have any questions about this please feel free to respond to this email and I'll be happy to answer as best I can.
Kind regards,
Jeremy

Not fussed over a delay, it's not like I haven't brought enough in the sales to keep me busy, not to mention my endlessly increasing backlog to watch.

Probably use the £5 off on their next early bird if it's something I want, or the standard edition of Miss Hokusai.

Annoying to hear that, alright... especially as I haven't put my pre-order in yet! Ah well, I've long since become numb to the delay announcements surrounding UK anime releases...

Probably use the £5 off on their next early bird if it's something I want, or the standard edition of Miss Hokusai.
This is exactly what I was thinking, I'll hold on to it til they do an early bird offer on ERASED and hopefully that brings it down to a non-ridiculous price (meaning under £30, closer to £25 with the code...) and if not I'll just not own ERASED and most likely get the standard of Miss Hokusai with it seeing as the UE has issues.....

JGiKk0Kl.jpg

My mind goes back to that recent podcast where the shift in tone was clear when discussing Gundam delays so I don't want to pile more grief on.

However, part of me would like to hope that this might mean making good on the promise 2017 would see them catch up with rightstuf. Zeta part 1 in Feb, part 2 in March, ZZ part 1 in May, etc.

How possible that is for a range of reasons I have no basis to say but at this point I think they should just run with it. I know we had The Origin screening and the Reco complete set but 2016 was pretty much a write off for the Gundam license here.

So by my count (going through newswires) the release dates for Zeta Gundam have been:

Aug 29th 2016
Oct 31st 2016
Nov 28th 2016
Jan 16th 2017
Feb ?? 2017

Delays happen, I'm not even mad. But can we get PART 2 before the world has moved on from blu ray and streams shows straight into people's brain please?!

So by my count (going through newswires) the release dates for Zeta Gundam have been:

Aug 29th 2016
Oct 31st 2016
Nov 28th 2016
Jan 16th 2017
Feb ?? 2017

Delays happen, I'm not even mad. But can we get PART 2 before the world has moved on from blu ray and streams shows straight into people's brain please?!

Just to put this out there, we're determined to get Part 2 of Zeta out in Q1. I'll let Andrew elaborate more if he wants to and such, but also to note we do touch on this in our latest Podcast as well and make that fact about Part 2 clear as well :)

Just to put this out there, we're determined to get Part 2 of Zeta out in Q1. I'll let Andrew elaborate more if he wants to and such, but also to note we do touch on this in our latest Podcast as well and make that fact about Part 2 clear as well :)
Why?! Why would you tell us that before Part 1 actually releases? You're just asking for unexpected delays now.

Why?! Why would you tell us that before Part 1 actually releases? You're just asking for unexpected delays now.

Always one for tempting fate ;)! When we move it from January 30th, we'll have it put significantly later then when the date is likely set so we can pull it forwards as required. This is also why we've not listed the Gundam Original Film Trilogy for now in the UK - because until I have print discs in my hands or on way to replication, I don't want anyone's chains being yanked :).

We are definitely doing the original trilogy and while it doesn't matter so much to me if you order from the UK or France - but you're definitely going to get it quicker from the UK for any number of reasons (especially if ordered from the AlltheAnime.com shop).

Gundam is an unusual project because there's a lot of external factors in play - nonetheless we're still here and still keen to make it happen so hang in there folks - the patience is appreciated :).

Best,

Andrew

Back