UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

My experiences with Zavvi are not too bad. I order both SE and CE from them. Normally they would always ship out in bubble mailers, but lately I've had all my orders shipped in a box and with tracking (despite choosing the free shipping method). On top of that they were handled by DPD and delivered in just three days.

But when you have to contact their CS, it's far from great. One time the payment was completed, but no order was placed (ended up on a 'maintenance' page).

I had an issue with them once when I pre-ordered an item and my card expired it wouldn't allow me to amend the payment details before it was due. I had to wait for the payment to bounce before I could change it. They are a bit hit and miss, I would rate them below Base who I've had very few issues with.

The mystery box is probably a great deal but I always like to know what I'm buying and treat any bargain mystery box with suspicion. It could be a nice surprise but it could be a big disappointment and I own a lot of Al releases and hate the hassle of selling things on so it's not for me :( as I'd rather spend my money on something I know I want .

Good sale though and I'm grateful to AL for mostly posting stuff I own or don't want as it saves me money at a tight time of year lol.

The mystery box is probably a great deal but I always like to know what I'm buying and treat any bargain mystery box with suspicion. It could be a nice surprise but it could be a big disappointment and I own a lot of Al releases and hate the hassle of selling things on so it's not for me :( as I'd rather spend my money on something I know I want .

Good sale though and I'm grateful to AL for mostly posting stuff I own or don't want as it saves me money at a tight time of year lol.

If the leaflets are anything to go by, we know what's in them. Check the AL thread.

Bought both the Mystery Box (Blu-Ray) & Bakemonogatari (Blu-Ray)
4th thing from Anime Limited's sale & 1st from MVM's thar I've bought so far

Excellent deal on Bakemonogatari. If I didn't own it twice I'd snap that up.

The contents of the mystery boxes are here if you want to know: UK Anime Distributor - Anime Limited Discussion Thread

R

If your looking for some space dandy the CE blu-ray of season 2 is £24.99 at Zavvi, which seems to be a good price. Baby.

Thanks for the dandy tip, baby. ;)

From the Anime Limited thread:
Staff picks bundles will be:

BD:

Gankutsuou (Andrew)
Expelled From Paradise (Jeremy)
Aldnoah Zero (Keith)
Fuse (Kerry)
HAL (Kat)

DVD:

Blood Blockade Battlefront (Andrew)
Harmony (Jeremy)
Terror in Resonance (Keith)
Beck (Kerry)
Gurren Lagann (Kat)

I think I like Jeremy and Kat's choices the best.

Bought the mystery box and will likely take up MVMs offer too, though I'm a little confused as to why they're not just offering the complete Bakemonogatari Blu Ray set instead of the two parts (the shelf-space saver in me I guess)

Bought both too. I already have Gankutsuou so I'll probably sell that. Bought Bakemonogatari too.

Bought the mystery box and will likely take up MVMs offer too, though I'm a little confused as to why they're not just offering the complete Bakemonogatari Blu Ray set instead of the two parts (the shelf-space saver in me I guess)

They're probably trying to get rid of the stock for the two part set, since that was originally released before the complete set.

Yeah I was thinking of that as a possibility, still a good deal so I think I'll get them. Hope the rest of the series turns up.

Thanks for the heads up on the AL bundle everyone. I'm a bit disappointed as I wanted Fuze & expelled from paradise but I own gankutsuou and HAL. Aldnoah I never finished so I guess I
just didn't like it enough & if it's only the first half I'd feel obligated to get the 2nd.

I'd have loved just Fuze & expelled for £20.

Thanks for the heads up on the AL bundle everyone. I'm a bit disappointed as I wanted Fuze & expelled from paradise but I own gankutsuou and HAL. Aldnoah I never finished so I guess I
just didn't like it enough & if it's only the first half I'd feel obligated to get the 2nd.

I'd have loved just Fuze & expelled for £20.

If you don't mind selling the sets you're not interested in, you could actually get back what you spent on the Mystery Box.

If you don't mind selling some of the sets, you could actually make money from the Mystery Box.

This. It's what I plan on doing. I already have AZ, so if I can sell that for say, I dunno, £20, I've just gotten 4 AL BD LEs for £20, which is well worth it. @serpantino If you sold everything barring Expelled from Paradise and Fuze, I'd wager you'd probably be able to damn near earn your money back.

Yes I've sold Aldnoah Zero along with another item for £47 so I've made a profit already (I got £30 for it individually), and if I can get £20-£23 for Gankutsuou I'll be happy. The box is a Christmas present so I won't be able to see the items I haven't got until then :)

Back