UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Yeah they've always been great for Anime Ltd titles especially now they use proper packaging
My last order from them (1 month ago) was very poorly packaged (Buble letter) and of course my order got damaged... so I don't trust them anymore.
Oh and their support are completly **** tier.

My last order from them (1 month ago) was very poorly packaged (Buble letter) and of course my order got damaged... so I don't trust them anymore.
Oh and their support are completly **** tier.
Sorry to hear that, I had that problem in the past but for me at least they've gotten a lot better, it's a shame that they can't be consistent with all customers though.

Here's a round-up of all those Zavvi deals the folks above have noticed:
  • 009 Re:Cyborg 3D (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £14.99
  • Blood Lad: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £14.99
  • Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series [Blu-ray] - £25.99
  • Durarara!!: Complete Season 1 [Blu-ray] - £22.99
  • Full Metal Panic!: Complete Season 1, FUMOFFU & The Second Raid (Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray] - £70.99
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Series (Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray] - £119.99
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £15.99
  • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo: Complete Series (Collector's Edition Steelcase) [Blu-ray] - £31.99
  • Giovanni's Island [Blu-ray] - £8.99
  • Giovanni's Island (Ultimate Edition) [Combo] - £31.99
  • HAL [Blu-ray] - £7.99
  • HAL (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £12.99
  • A Letter to Momo (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £24.99
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 2 [Blu-ray] - £32.99
  • Noein ~to your other self~: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £20.99
  • Outlaw Star: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £38.99
  • Perfect Blue [Blu-ray] - £11.99
  • Ping Pong the Animation: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £28.99
  • Psychic School Wars (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £15.99
  • Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £17.99
  • Samurai Flamenco: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £17.99
  • Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £39.99
  • Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Part 2 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £44.99
  • Space Dandy: Complete Season 1 [Blu-ray] - £19.99
  • Space Dandy: Complete Season 2 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - £24.99
  • Sword Art Online II: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £18.99
  • Sword Art Online II: Part 2 (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £20.99
  • Sword Art Online II: Part 3 (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £18.99
  • Terror in Resonance: Complete Series (Ultimate Edition) [Combo] - £51.99
  • Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £3.99
  • Tiger & Bunny: The Rising (Collector's Edition) [Combo] - £19.99

Zavvi for CE/digipacks??? Are you nuts??? They are very good for steelbook and amaray cases but when comes to anime CE boxsets they are the worst. The only exception I made was for the Gate cause it has extra special packaging by AL.

Zavvi for CE/digipacks??? Are you nuts??? They are very good for steelbook and amaray cases but when comes to anime CE boxsets they are the worst. The only exception I made was for the Gate cause it has extra special packaging by AL.
Can't remember having any issues from the ones I've bought from them in the past tbh, certainly no more trouble from them than I have from anywhere else I've bought from anyway.

Can't remember having any issues from the ones I've bought from them in the past tbh, certainly no more trouble from them than I have from anywhere else I've bought from anyway.
I know what you mean, in fact I use only one online UK shop for CE boxsets. Everything else comes from zavvi or from amazon jp. All I have to say is that when you can shop your favourite anime shows only online you are in a disadvantage. Even shopping from AL s web store you get damaged boxes.

My copies of Outlaw Star, Durarara CE, and other boxed anime sets have arrived from Zavvi fine.

I get more damage from amazon uk. AL is hit or miss

Yeah true, I've had more damaged boxes /packaging with Anime ltd recently than I ever have with Zavvi, though Jeremy and Andrew are wonderfully helpful and Zavvi CS is finicky to deal with at times. As with many experiences it varies from person to person.

I know what you mean, in fact I use only one online UK shop for CE boxsets. Everything else comes from zavvi or from amazon jp. All I have to say is that when you can shop your favourite anime shows only online you are in a disadvantage. Even shopping from AL s web store you get damaged boxes.
Yeah everything I buy online turns up with some small issue now days to be honest, never had a problem that was return worthy though. It would be great if we could just pop into a local shop and pick up what we wanted to reduce the risk of damage but my HMV has a tiny anime section that is only getting smaller :/ Anyway Terror in Resonance is an UE so it's a fair size, I'd like to think Zavvi would send it in a box (should I buy it, still unsure as I spent a lot today already....).

I remember my TiR got damaged in delivery from AL, but it was only a slight crease to the box so I left it.

My FMA Part 2 box is the first time I've actually went to get a replacement.

I do agree Zavvi CS is terrible, and I hate that I can't change the card/address on a pre-order (this screwed me up with FMA UE due to getting a new card, and moving to a new uni flat)

Yes their CS is their weakest aspect so I hope for the best when they send items (my last few have even come with RM tracking intriguingly). If they could improve that then They'd be fine, that and abolishing the usage of bubble mailers for any box sets (Likewise for MVM who distribute the Anime Ltd sets)

Back