UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Also you made an assumption that's understandably a bit off the mark there, the version with OST will be £34,99 - £39.99 alongside standard BD and standard DVD so hardly breaking the bank vs our usual release for film :). We are hoping to do an Ultimate as well for Your Name solely as I love the film to bits but limited to 500 units or so too but depends on materials.

That reads like you're planning a standard DVD, standard BD, CE, and UE all for release on the same day. I hope that's what you meant.

With all due respect, I'm just getting incredibly fed up of hearing my brother complain and shout about how he doesn't have his UE he paid for in May every time it gets delayed ,while Zavvi customers that paid only last week had theirs last week.

That's fair enough man to be standing up for you brother - but you could be using your powers for good and asking what's going on for him :)! Off the cuff snide replies just really demotivate people like me from responding to queries quickly as we're flesh & blood too and tight-knit here. Spare a thought that we're actually trying incredibly hard to get it out to people and we care a lot (wouldn't be on here so much otherwise).

Re payment times vs dellivery too - they may have only paid last week but they have emailed in the droves about:
  • Issues getting a fix to problems from Zavvi - Something you have no issue from ourselves on.
  • Certificate queries - People grilling about when they certificates will come or worrying theirs will be lost etc.
So it's a swings and roundabouts affair. Very rarely we run behind a retailer but you get a basically unparalleled level of customer care & access that you don't get with any other retailer in anime in the UK.

Covered it before but at top of list for our site would be delayed payments but unfortunately way too much has gone wrong in the past for us and the authorisation window small retailers are afforded is just too short so either we have to put pre-orders up absolute last minute / don't do them (aka no weekend or week long specials before release and not on week of release as it'd interfere usually with other retailers) and a release like FMA Ultimate just wouldn't be possible :(.

If we get the opportunity one day, we will leap on the opportunity!

Best.

Andrew

Erm, Andrew has literally just said, standard, CE and probably a more limited than usual UE, if he can find materials. The soundtrack will be with the CE, and he's expecting a £34.99-£39.99 pricetag.

You've a strange definition of being rude really when it's extra promotion for the film xD. So yes - it's out now digitally and streaming - like any good movie OST should be, my only wish is more were like that. For big film it's totally traditional for someone else to manage it too (Ghibli OSTs were with KAZE of all people for Europe for example) and it actually can make it easier to do everything if done like Your Name.

Also you made an assumption that's understandably a bit off the mark there, the version with OST will be £34,99 - £39.99 alongside standard BD and standard DVD so hardly breaking the bank vs our usual release for film :). We are hoping to do an Ultimate as well for Your Name solely as I love the film to bits but limited to 500 units or so too but depends on materials.

Best,

Andrew

I figured promoting EMI's release, perhaps at the behest of your own, might be considered rude.

Although, I'd argue the £19 Amazon pricetag on that Miss Hokusai standard is rather bank breaking on it's own, given it has literally nothing but the subtitled film and a trailer.

Last edited:
I figured promoting EMI's release, perhaps at the behest of your own, might be considered rude.

Although, I'd argue the £19 Amazon pricetag on that Miss Hokusai standard is rather bank breaking on it's own, given it has literally nothing but the subtitled film and a trailer.

Not at all, promoting anything about Your Name is good news for us! I've known Mr Shinkai for a long time and anything that's good for him is refreshing to see :)!

You can argue re Amazon's price - but alas it's like screaming at the sea for me as the SRP is £19.99 (totally reasonable SRP for a film) and they choose how to discount from there.

That said, it's far cheaper elsewhere for folks so worth taking a look below if you're looking for it at a reasonable price:

Zavvi have it for £14.99 - Miss Hokusai - Standard
Anime-on-Line have it for £13.99 - Miss Hokusai (12) Blu-Ray
Our own store has it for £13.99 too - Miss Hokusai - Blu-ray

Best,

AP

i got Your lie in April part 1 today so i guess everyone else should be expecting it soon
really nice box but the bluray sleeve/tray is in really tight so takes some getting out of the box

i used 2 pieces of cardboard 1 each side to pull it out, but after that 1st time it seems to come out if shake it to come out
This 'sideways method' worked for me. Though in my case I needed to use cardboard five times before I could shake it out, and even then it needed extremely vigorous shaking (think cracking open a coconut on a rock as a chimp would).

FMA arrived from Anime Limited.
Just opened and I have service number 001 and the alchemist name of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Ooooh, I feel really special. Thanks very much, Andrew!

Although there is a typo on the certificate (Military has one L, not two)

FMA arrived from Anime Limited.
Just opened and I have service number 001 and the alchemist name of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Ooooh, I feel really special. Thanks very much, Andrew!

Although there is a typo on the certificate (Military has one L, not two)

King Bradley spells it that way when handwriting his certificates - and when he spells it that way, I'm not going to argue!

Yasss glad it's arrived too!

AP

We are hoping to do an Ultimate as well for Your Name solely as I love the film to bits but limited to 500 units or so too but depends on materials.
741d0e257820beb41e1593656f2aa114.gif

King Bradley spells it that way when handwriting his certificates - and when he spells it that way, I'm not going to argue!

Yasss glad it's arrived too!

AP
Yeah, there's no point trying to correct King Bradley - I hear he's a very prideful person.

Back