UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Thanks for the heads up on the seraph. It apparently also has an exclusive bonus card.

The code also gave me the choice of a free dvd from a select list

Currently we are looking at May release for Starmyu but cannot confirm at this stage. It will be a Collectors Edition with an artbook and artcards, although probably not quite as lavish as Arslan based on the content we have. That said, I think fans of the show will be pleased with it. More news when I have it!

Currently we are looking at May release for Starmyu but cannot confirm at this stage. It will be a Collectors Edition with an artbook and artcards, although probably not quite as lavish as Arslan based on the content we have. That said, I think fans of the show will be pleased with it. More news when I have it!

Is there any chance of you releasing - So you never thought there was a Girl online or the Grisaia series?

Still need to order my second set of Arslan. But i've waiting for my Seraph Set 2 to arrive since it shipped on December 2nd. Guess it has been lost :( so i've send an email to Zoom UK to inform what has happened. But they're not fast in answering customer support queries.

Still need to order my second set of Arslan. But i've waiting for my Seraph Set 2 to arrive since it shipped on December 2nd. Guess it has been lost :( so i've send an email to Zoom UK to inform what has happened. But they're not fast in answering customer support queries.

Exact same issue with me having ordered from Zoom. Seraph 2 never arrived, ignored by CS and their Twitter account is fobbing me off.

Not impressed and will not be ordering from them again.

Last edited:
i got my seraph 2 from zoom, but my ferid card came separately in a hand written envelope, and wasn't padded, or protected so the card is bent. I wasn't very impressed, and will be cautious ordering from them again.

My Ferid card arrived undamaged, and was even send 'signed for'.

@elaniel, was it ever solved for you ? And if so how exactly ?

I did get the card too.
I sent a second email today, slightly more assertive demanding a refund confirmation within 48 hours or I'll do a chargeback.
This isn't the first problem with Zoom. I had ordered Jessica Jones and the release date came and went with no shipping or delay email. Took me a week of emails and a strongly worded tweet to get it refunded.

Oh boy that doesn't promise much for my package :(

Since zoom.co.uk is owned by Universal I wonder what the representative on the forum here has to say about these delivery problems and the lack of support, despite of what the About Us page says on zoom.co.uk itself ?

Indeed, or at the very least is able to report higher up how Zoom are representing the Universal brand.
I think I'll just stick with UP1 and AOL for future Universal items.

Received a refund today from Zoom.
Looks like my "direct" email worked. They're blaming it on "a high number of customer questions" which doesn't excuse being ignored or not having a response. Funny as it's my latest one (sent yesterday afternoon) is the one they responded to, so they can respond to that but not the others?

At least I got my money back and I can spend it with a more competent retailer.

Someone must be reading this thread, as i just got an answer back from Zoom. I've chosen for a replacement order though instead of a refund. Hope this time it goes OK

Sorry to hear about all the issues with Zoom guys. I will pass that feedback straight along to the right department. In the meantime if anyone received a bent or damaged Ferid card please contact me at [email protected] and I will send out a replacement. In fact, I will go one better. If anyone bought Seraph Part 2 and didn't get the bonus card who wants one, send me a picture of your boxset and I will send out a card for you. Obviously will need you to send your postal address in the email. Will make sure the cards are better packaged so they don't arrive bent. I am off now for Christmas break so please don't expect anything to arrive before the New Year!!

Back