Currency vs Brexit: GBP Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
kuuderes_shadow said:
That moment when £1 = ¥140 feels like a good exchange rate...

I know right, I remember watching the rates with figure pre-orders to pay because they'd dropped below 160 and I was hoping on a rebound before my payment deadline expired.

The Bank of England have officially changed the interest rate to 0.25% after announcing it last month. The pound had gotten weaker but it's so far on $1 = 76p (it was originally at 75p) / £1 = $1.33.

BLvkHbg.gif

Can we just march on parliament and assume control? After a straight month of racist, deluded bile while the country collapses I'm more fired up than ever to stop this nonsense masking as fair democracy.

HellCat said:
Can we just march on parliament and assume control? After a straight month of racist, deluded bile while the country collapses I'm more fired up than ever to stop this nonsense masking as fair democracy.

Yes, lets all do this, I'm sure the economy will be fine while we're doing it, and then after, when the students are in control!

britguy said:
Yes, lets all do this, I'm sure the economy will be fine while we're doing it, and then after, when the students are in control!

I think that's part of the problem; the bickering between elected representatives is far closer to the atmosphere in a playground or sixth form common room than it really ought to be given how much power such people hold.

R

Last week I received my first pay rise since 2014! All was jovial until I realised I still earn less in real terms than I did in June...

Noticed this week the yen exchange rate is now more favourable to the euro then the pound. It still costs less of ours but that's increasing daily while in tandem it costs less euros.

A perfume in Thailand is 50 quid more expensive than in england, now! The price of many has gone up, especially internationally :/

Wish we would just hurry up and leave, then all this exchange rate nonsense would be justified.

But atleast my mortgage repayments are lower now.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to save money to start a mortgage and some of the savings accounts have decreased their interest rates to 0.05%... Yay saving!
I really don't understand why we voted to leave the EU. Wish the rerun went ahead!

I really don't understand why we voted to leave the EU. Wish the rerun went ahead!

I think the real kicker was imigration, as it stands the amount of hurdles needed for a lawyer or docter to come to work in the UK from outside the EU is emmense, but Jack the drug dealing and convicted rapist from eastern europe has every right to come and make a new life here.

I just don't think its right, everyone should have an equal opportunity to be part of this country.

Last edited:
I think the real kicker was imigration, as it stands the amount of hurdles needed for a lawyer or docter to come to work in the UK from outside the EU is emense, but Jack the drug dealing and convicted rapist from eastern europe has every right to come and make a new life here.

I just don't think its right and everyone should have an equal opportunity to be part of this country.

How is it hard for lawyers and doctors to come work in the UK?

The thing is it doesn't really affect ppl already in the uk so I don't get why they didn't consider their own interests: prices will rise, and less jobs will be availabke

How is it hard for lawyers and doctors to come work in the UK?

The thing is it doesn't really affect ppl already in the uk so I don't get why they didn't consider their own interests: prices will rise, and less jobs will be availabke

They have to earn so much, have so much to invest, already have a place of employment, and are watched pretty closely. I'm sure the list of requirments are alot longer than that tho, being able to speak fluent english is a necesity for citizens coming from outside europe.

I don't see how people coming from Canada for example are anymore of a threat to the country than people from Slovakia =/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back