UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm more annoyed by the Reconguista in G delay myself. It now doesn't even have release date parity despite AL licensing it so far in advance of Rightstuf.

But it does come with a lot nicer packaging :). Ironically also what will hold the release up by a week or two - but doing what we can there to speed it up!

AP

An acceptable summary I'd say of our feelings too ;)! Still, things are settling down slowly now there...

So I assume it's only Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (and perhaps Mobile Suit Gundam The Movie Trilogy) getting the French support then?

On another note, have you by any chance sent Zeta Gundam through to the BBFC yet?

Do you intend on sticking with the nicer packaging thing going forward? Basically, are you going to keep the artbox with part 1, booklet with part 2 model as it's the only thing stopping me from buying the US sets tbh.

So I assume it's only Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (and perhaps Mobile Suit Gundam The Movie Trilogy) getting the French support then?

On another note, have you by any chance sent Zeta Gundam through to the BBFC yet?

Correct too - at present just Zeta, ZZ and the Movie Trilogy :).

Re BBFC - Not yet - since it costs about £4,500+ to do 25 eps, I do that nearer the BDs being ready usually.

Best,

AP

Do you intend on sticking with the nicer packaging thing going forward? Basically, are you going to keep the artbox with part 1, booklet with part 2 model as it's the only thing stopping me from buying the US sets tbh.

Correct - we started that way, so we'll finish that way :). It makes sense to keep it all consistent too anyway.

But it does come with a lot nicer packaging :). Ironically also what will hold the release up by a week or two - but doing what we can there to speed it up!

AP

Not all of us will get this nicer packaging, but we will all pay the same price. I'm not sure it is appropriate to tout this as a feature.

I can tell when there's delays as this thread tends to blow up...

Really feel for you on this one Andrew considering the delays all seem to be hitting one after another. I'm just hoping Blood Blockade Battlefront and Tatami Galaxy don't get pushed back further at this point. Speaking of which, I don't suppose you've got any finalised approved packaging shots for BBB lying around by any chance? I'm dying to see how the set will look.

I just realised Zeta Gundam is basically the Gurren Lagann of 2016 for Andrew.

(props if you get the reference)

For those who don't get the reference:
Basically Gurren Lagann was initially set for a certain timeframe but received a ton of delays due to the approvals of the artbook and packaging designs. It took a fair while and caused a ton of frustration for Anime Limited. There were also some post-launch issues thanks to Sony DADC's handling on the packaging and the faulty audio/video (former unclear while latter were broken video masters).

I don't think the Gundam delays would have seemed quite so bad had RS not been knocking them out at a frightening pace.

Zeta part 2 is now due on January 30th according to Amazon.

I don't think the Gundam delays would have seemed quite so bad had RS not been knocking them out at a frightening pace.

To be fair, I think RightStuf!'s release schedule for Gundam is a bit TOO full. I've imported a few of their DVDs, but theyre being spat out so quickly that it's hard to keep up. Almost mpossible, in fact.

It's nice that two part releases are put out with the second volume coming close after the first. But given the prices, they're a bit of a stretch for me. Meaning a wider gap between confirmed Anime Limited Gundam releases makes me more likely to snag those.

To be fair, I think RightStuf!'s release schedule for Gundam is a bit TOO full. I've imported a few of their DVDs, but theyre being spat out so quickly that it's hard to keep up. Almost mpossible, in fact.

It's nice that two part releases are put out with the second volume coming close after the first. But given the prices, they're a bit of a stretch for me. Meaning a wider gap between confirmed Anime Limited Gundam releases makes me more likely to snag those.

They're certainly the other end of the scale.

I'd agree that there's too much, too quickly though. I've held off importing any so far. Now that we know that there won't be any UK DVD releases I'll probably grab those, but other than that, I can wait.

They're certainly the other end of the scale.

I'd agree that there's too much, too quickly though. I've held off importing any so far. Now that we know that there won't be any UK DVD releases I'll probably grab those, but other than that, I can wait.

If it helps, here's the list of DVD-only Gundam titles:
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation
  • Turn-A Gundam: Movie Collection
  • Gundam Evolve
  • After War Gundam X
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

• Gundam Evolve
  • After War Gundam X

Cheers :)

Need to add the original series movie trilogy as well though yeah?

• Gundam Evolve
  • After War Gundam X
I wish Andrew would just outright confirm that After War Gundam X won't be getting a UK release so I know to just import it when I have the money spare. I want to own all of Gundam, but After War Gundam X is the one that sounds the most appealing to me.

I wish Andrew would just outright confirm that After War Gundam X won't be getting a UK release so I know to just import it when I have the money spare. I want to own all of Gundam, but After War Gundam X is the one that sounds the most appealing to me.

Hasn't that already been confirmed? No UK releases for DVD-only titles as Sunrise wanted PAL DVDs.

Back